Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eye dominance - really need advice

Thank you all for taking the time to respond! Mr_White, I appreciate the thorough follow-ups. I especially like what you said about "dense"-ity - I think that perfectly describes what is going on. I've been playing around with this for the last week or so. I think the high visibility sight is helping too. Practice, practice, practice!

I'm ambidextrous. When I shoot with my left hand I use my left eye. When I shoot with my right hand I use my right eye. I'm able to switch my brain over by simply squinting for a moment with the eye that I don't intend to use. I shoot equally well with either hand; and frequently better than whoever's standing next to me on the line. Individual vision is a very personal thing. I used to play, 'by the rules' and recite all the usual clichés straight out of the NRA's pistol shooting course; but, nowadays, I've learned to let other people look at things in whatever way they think best. If they're happy and hitting the target then I leave them alone. (It's true. You can't see the world through another man's eyes!)
    Last edited by RavenU; 10-31-2015 at 05:51 AM.

User Tag List