Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor Advice

Suppressor Advice

Hello folks, sorta new to the whole NFA process. Just got my SBR done recently and now I am looking for a can.

Only caveat is that it is a 7.75" 7.62x39 SBR (PWS Diablo).

Any advice on where to look since the barrel length might be an issue for some cans out there?

I was looking at the Gemtech ONE just due to the minimum barrel lengths they advertised but happy to entertain other options that you guys may have tried already.

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Grey; 10-14-2015 at 11:37 AM.

I have a good friend who has one of those and runs a sandstorm. He is very happy with it and I am sure "the one" will work just as well.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The GemTech One is a good can. Also consider the SilencerCo Sakers, Griffin RECCEs and the Dead Air Sandman line.

Do you have any other requirements such as length or weight considerations?

Thanks for the responses.

No real requirements as this will be my first can. I don't want anything overly long or heavy but the primary consideration is that it's rated to the barrel length I will be running.

I'd go Dead Air Sandman S or Saker for full Stellite construction for maximum toughness.
    #RESIST

One question here is how often are you planning on shooting suppressed:non-suppressed? In percentages of # of rounds fired, 100:0? 50:50? 25:75?

That will determine how important materials and durability are for you. From there, you need to prioritize other criteria like length, weight, mounting system, and cost. It's hard to offer any advice without knowing how those things factor in for you. I don't see how you can exclude those criteria.

Absent that information, I'd think that if you bought a 7.75" upper then length and weight are important to you. I'd be looking for something in the <1 lbs and ~7" range, if not even shorter and lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    One question here is how often are you planning on shooting suppressed:non-suppressed? In percentages of # of rounds fired, 100:0? 50:50? 25:75?

That will determine how important materials and durability are for you. From there, you need to prioritize other criteria like length, weight, mounting system, and cost. It's hard to offer any advice without knowing how those things factor in for you. I don't see how you can exclude those criteria.

Absent that information, I'd think that if you bought a 7.75" upper then length and weight are important to you. I'd be looking for something in the <1 lbs and ~7" range, if not even shorter and lighter.
    Thanks for the thoughts!

I appreciate you all working through this as I don't really know where to start.

I imagine I would shoot this gun 100% suppressed as its quite the head turner with just a brake on there.

I haven't invested in any mounts yet but I would prefer a QD mount vs a direct thread.

Lighter and smaller are better for sure but I am willing to sacrifice in those areas if I get a more robust can.

Any more recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts!

I appreciate you all working through this as I don't really know where to start.

I imagine I would shoot this gun 100% suppressed as its quite the head turner with just a brake on there.

I haven't invested in any mounts yet but I would prefer a QD mount vs a direct thread.

Lighter and smaller are better for sure but I am willing to sacrifice in those areas if I get a more robust can.

Any more recommendations?
    I'd look at the Sig direct thread suppressors. The titanium ones would be a natural fit for a lightweight rifle. I am not sure on minimum barrel length for that suppressor.

http://hansohnbrothers.com/index.php...product_id=355
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 10-15-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    #RESIST

Suppressor Advice

I'm thinking the Dead Air will best meet your needs but I want to verify the minimum barrel length for the 7.62x39.
    Last edited by Hansohn Brothers; 10-15-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    I'm thinking the Dead Air will best meet your needs but I want to verify the minimum barrel length for the 7.62x39.
    If you find the minimum barrel length that would be greatly appreciated!

User Tag List