Thread: Need fingerprints? Try a college police dept.

Need fingerprints? Try a college police dept.

I had to get fingerprints done for an ATF transaction this week and after trying the bureaucratic Farifax County PD, I found an easier way to get them done. I'd already gotten the fingerprint cards from the ATF for free using their ordering system so I'd hoped to find a police officer that wouldn't mind getting my fingers dirty. It turns out that the FF PD is bothered enough by these requests that they have a department wide policy.

The sergeant at my local substation told me the PD could only do them at the police annex building in Fairfax between 8-4pm and at a cost of $10 for the 1st card, and $5 for each additional card. But, on the way out, an officer told me that the George Mason University Police Department would do them anytime, for free.

And they did. I went over just after 10pm to avoid the daytime traffic and had them printed up in a few minutes. They even have a new inkless system that outputs the prints to a laser printer so there was no mess. They are at 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA, Non-Emergency (703) 993-2810.

So, if you're looking for an LE agency to do your fingerprints, don't overlook any universities that might be close by. If you're near a large college, they may have a fully accredited police department that will help you out.

College PD's will do it, but here in CA most require an appt. and will charge you for the prints...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    College PD's will do it, but here in CA most require an appt. and will charge you for the prints...
    Buying ammo in CA sucks now
    #RESIST

User Tag List