Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Campus carry of sex toys as a protest of guns on campus - rhymes with Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Can't really help people if they're mentally stunted. Colleges are hotbeds for stupid.
    Ain't that the truth.

Send your kid off to be an electrician or a lineman, instead. He'll actually learn something productive, earn a living, and not be subjected to years of brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    The young woman in the posted article reminds me of another article I just read yesterday. It was in the NY Times and was about a group of young men & women robbed by two armed predators. The fiance of the woman featured in the article was pistol whipped. The gunman demanded all their money. The young woman ran up to one of the thugs and yelled, "What are you going to do, shoot us ?! "And thats exactly what he did - shot her right in the chest. She died in her fiance's arms, right on the sidewalk.
    She sounded like she was probably a nice person. Partook in several liberal causes. Was a go getter with lots of chutzpah. - - Friends and family later remarked that the killer 'was only a kid'. The murdered woman didn't believe in the death penalty, and she would be best honored if the death penalty wasn't applied. --

Some people don't get it, and likely never will. At the level of nations, all the way down to individuals - - predators are only thwarted by those who have the physical means to stop them.

Is this the article you read

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/28/ny...e-robbery.html
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Yep thats the NYT article. I read other articles on the case. Rory Miller referred to that murder in regards to threat assessment. Predators have a mindset that many sheltered middle class types are oblivious to.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 10-10-2015 at 06:02 PM.

I'm ok with it, but only because I once took an online test and got this score:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 252
Size:  85.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Yep thats the NYT article. I read other articles on the case. Rory Miller referred to that murder in regards to threat assessment. Predators have a mindset that many sheltered middle class types are oblivious to.
    Sad article.

As for the whole dildo thing, all I have to say is, "you'll poke your eye out!" (in that annoying Christmas Story voice)

Tards for one, Tards for all.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I dont believe its a matter of being sheltered. Its a matter of belief-to most occupants of a college campus, evil people DO NOT EXIST.

Hence the warped philosophy of "the bad guy is a person too". No snowflake, he's a subhuman animal who feeds off the weak and the clueless. A friend's girlfriend was a pilgrim of this broken belief. She always gnashed her teeth at GardoneVT always carrying his gun off post . One day her GPS routed us to MethTrailerParkVille , and suddenly "whydoyaneedaGUN" turned into "You brought your gun, right?"

Being in a world of sh-t has a way of making people appreciate plungers.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I dont believe its a matter of being sheltered. Its a matter of belief-to most occupants of a college campus, evil people DO NOT EXIST.

Hence the warped philosophy of "the bad guy is a person too". No snowflake, he's a subhuman animal who feeds off the weak and the clueless. A friend's girlfriend was a pilgrim of this broken belief. She always gnashed her teeth at GardoneVT always carrying his gun off post . One day her GPS routed us to MethTrailerParkVille , and suddenly "whydoyaneedaGUN" turned into "You brought your gun, right?"

I agree with you to a point. The problem with academics is that they are like expert COD "shooters". Everything they do is <in a consequence-less vacuum>.

The people you mention do believe that evil exists, but it's not Ray-Ray/Sugar Ray trying to jack them at gun point for money so they can get another hit of meth/crack. No, it's the "man behind the system" that created thugtard 9000 that's the REAL evil guy.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

As explained in "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels":
    https://youtu.be/naGOZoHxA-I
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 10-10-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

I am attending a fancy university with a moderately liberal bent, and a lot of people have no fucking idea what they'd do if they were in real danger. This is something that they've never even considered in their entire lives. A couple "robberies" have happened on or near the campus where a skell just walks up to a girl and asks her for her wallet. No actual violence or even weapons, just the threat of it. One of these fucking robberies happened in the student center in broad daylight, during the lunch hour, when there are literally a hundred people in that building.

I also don't think most college students have thought clearly about gun control. The most opinionated types seem to revel in posting memes and serious oversimplifications. I've seen some students uncritically circulate a letter from some UT professor who is leaving for Australia because of campus carry. Apparently the legal ability to carry a gun if you're 21 is going to "substantially enhance" the chance that he's going to get shot at by his introductory Microeconomics class (obviously mostly freshmen). It seems that being a tenured professor of economics gives you no real ability to think in a statistically rigorous manner.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 10-10-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    I think this is a new market for Surefire with a flashlight combo. About students being stupid when in danger. I had a student who went with friends to New Orleans on break. While there they decided to buy some 'weed'. So they found a gentleman in the scuzzy part of town that offered them 'weed' if they would drive them to the 'weed' place. He called to make sure the weed was there. So off they go and run into a band of gentleman who say they want the car and wallets. One students says you don't have to do this and I understand your culture and why it makes you do such. He was the one who got an educational beat down. I asked my student if he realizes he was stupid and he agreed.

User Tag List