Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A $7,500 gun with feeding issues?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    If you are being sincere, than I stand corrected. Didn't seem that way, based on your recent posts.

"A person like you", meaning a troll. See above.

As far as crying to Todd, maybe your definition of crying is different than mine. That would seem to imply that you had hurt me in some way, and that Todd could do something about it. I speak to Todd almost every day. I tell him about many of the threads on here that I read or participate in. I try to get him back here every day. No luck. He decided to respond to this thread, since he probably felt the same way about your post as I did. His response certainly surprised me a bit, but he apparently was fairly offended by your post. You might take that as a clue.
    Yes, my friend, I'm being sincere. I honestly think there is nothing wrong with my recent posts. I don't post a lot since, like I said, I'm a student and not a teacher thus I have not much to share and concentrate reading to learn instead of commenting.

I swear, all some people think about is trolls like it's some kind of zombie epidemic. Maybe it is and I don't know it.

I went back through the entire thread and read all my posts. I see nothing that's so bad that would warrant all but putting out a $10,000 price tag on my head. I can see after reading everything again that my first post did cause others to post comments that made my first post seem evil. But, like I said in my first post, I didn't mean to be a d!&@, I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Like SLG, I truly hope you're being sincere here, and not just trolling more. In that spirit, maybe I can provide some small amount of guidance:

Try to look at your posts in this thread from a different perspective. You started the thread in a cryptic manner, obliquely accusing Jason Burton of sending out a finished gun that didn't work, and you did so without any real evidence of that having been true. Even if we stipulate that the gun had a problem when Jason and Bill were talking about it, that in no way implies that the gun still had that problem (or any other problem) when it was sent to ToddG.

Next time you start a thread wanting to learn more about something, try to be a lot clearer about what you mean, for starters. Maybe say something like "BR's defense post contained a line that interested me: <insert quote about ToddG/Burton gun from BR's post>. Does anyone know if the feeding problem's cause was ever found and resolved, and if so, what was it and how was it resolved?"

That way, it'd be non-cryptic, non-accusatory, and it wouldn't make negative implications about anyone's financial choices or job performance.
    You're right.

That cryptic thing you talk about was meant to do three things.
    1- Not mention JB's name since I'm a fan of his work and didn't want to seem accusatory towards him. I failed.
    2- To attract only those who saw BR's "defense" post to comment as maybe they would have some info. I failed again.
    3- A fun/playful/creative/mysterious way of starting a thread. What can I say? I'm not much of a wordsmith. Some tried to resurrect the witch burning laws to dispose of me. Yeah, that's a fail.

Next time I start a thread I will do so in the most soft-ball, goody two shoes way possible. Some people are just too sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mino View Post
    You're right.

That cryptic thing you talk about was meant to do three things.
    1- Not mention JB's name since I'm a fan of his work and didn't want to seem accusatory towards him. I failed.
    2- To attract only those who saw BR's "defense" post to comment as maybe they would have some info. I failed again.
    3- A fun/playful/creative/mysterious way of starting a thread. What can I say? I'm not much of a wordsmith. Some tried to resurrect the witch burning laws to dispose of me. Yeah, that's a fail.

Next time I start a thread I will do so in the most soft-ball, goody two shoes way possible. Some people are just too sensitive.
    The way I saw it, you wrote a confusing and unhelpful post tangentially referencing a somewhat controversial individual, got called out on it, and then started whining that you're being burned at the stake or being oppressed. Of course, the whole time, you're digging yourself deeper and deeper into the hole with snarky comments like "We are definitely living in a very judging and punishing society here, huh?", "What did I say that makes me 'a person like you'? What kind of person am I, sir? I think I'm a pretty good dude," and "I honestly think there is nothing wrong with my recent posts."

I don't know who here is "too sensitive." Based on your total inability to just straight up apologize for the misunderstanding without complaining of persecution, I suspect it may be you.
    Last edited by Eyesquared; 10-11-2015 at 04:00 PM.

We are diminished
    No one cried to me. I saw this at the top of the page and was beckoned as if by Odysseus's Siren:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 11-Oct-15 18.31.46 PM.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  21.4 KB

Mino, if you are not a troll you might want to ask yourself why so many people think you are.

If you are a troll, I can only hope that some day I get to shoot you in the chest with a flare gun and then use a D ration bar and two survival crackers to make s'mores over the crackling fire that used to be your chest cavity.

Name:  200_s.gif
Views: 572
Size:  23.1 KB

I'm still in complete awe of my 9mm Commander and don't feel a need to discuss it any further with someone who has neither shot it or even seen it in person. Even though I don't know who you are, I'm certain you've done neither because no one who has been allowed to bask in its awesomeness would post anything as asinine as this thread.

I'm out. Ya'll enjoy the forum.
    Last edited by ToddG; 10-11-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Well, when a 1911 says 9x19 on the side......the fail has already started before the first nickel was spent. Just Say'in.
    Bah!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If its a 1911....is anyone really surprised?
    Bah!

Holy Jesus this place has gotten salty as fuck since I've been gone.

Awesome.

Caleb, PX4 Compact is cool, not the full size.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If its a 1911....is anyone really surprised?
    Okay, let's not get all crazy.

I am also glad to see that Todd can freely get out his inner feelings. Makes me happy. He actually said what I was thinking.

The folks who deride high end custom 1911's are usually sitting in their mom's basement with a Springfield XD and a Serpa. At a certain point 1911's can get very special. If that is your cup of tea, awesome an welcome to the good things in life. If they aren't, fine. If you have zero experience with high end customs...probably should shut up as you haven't a clue what you are commenting on.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Holy Jesus this place has gotten salty as fuck since I've been gone.

Awesome.
    Screw you too man!
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List