Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A $7,500 gun with feeding issues?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I predict this thread isn't going to be long for this world.
    Why, is there a problem with this thread?

It is about 4-5 on a 10 point troll assessment scale, reasonably well natured, so far no personals, and posted in the Romper right off. I predict a natural death after 3 pages as long as it is played without animosity.

So, back to the subject, after you've attained a certain amount of wealth and disposable income you stop giving a shit if 7 grand worth of heirloom doesn't run. You gift it to a charity or your friend and buy another sample. Alternatively, if you got no money, you get pissed if your hard earned cash purchased Hi-Point chokes. I continue to see nothing to be excited about here.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-10-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Call it a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Shame. A person could have spent only $1,200 for a Kimber for the same level of non-performance.
    Ouch. This is painfully true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Ouch. This is painfully true.
    Yeah. That one stings.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I predict this thread isn't going to be long for this world.
    You have been away too long at training, new world order here.

Back to the original question, the problem is $7,500 isn't the sweet spot for a 1911. You have a Wilson at $3,500 and then about $10,000 for a Rogers gun. Only half kidding.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Why, is there a problem with this thread?

It is about 4-5 on a 10 point troll assessment scale, reasonably well natured, so far no personals, and posted in the Romper right off. I predict a natural death after 3 pages as long as it is played without animosity.

So, back to the subject, after you've attained a certain amount of wealth and disposable income you stop giving a shit if 7 grand worth of heirloom doesn't run. You gift it to a charity or your friend and buy another sample. Alternatively, if you got no money, you get pissed if your hard earned cash purchased Hi-Point chokes. I continue to see nothing to be excited about here.
    He's a complete troll. He's butthurt that I challenged BR's credentials, and that BR then decided to leave. I won't continue that saga, as it is no one's business here. If he continues to troll, I'm quite sure nothing will be done to him. As GJM said, it's a new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    He's a complete troll. He's butthurt that I challenged BR's credentials, and that BR then decided to leave. I won't continue that saga, as it is no one's business here. If he continues to troll, I'm quite sure nothing will be done to him. As GJM said, it's a new world order.
    I understand some comments/questions can be considered inflammatory by some. I guess it's a matter of opinion. However, I assure everyone here that I am not trying to be a troll. I don't pretend to know how many rounds of ammo have been put through the pistol in question (we only know of 2,000) but, A $7,500.00 pistol shouldn't have feeding issues for a long, long time. I want to learn as much as I can and that's why I started this thread; to get people talking. Just sayin', not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mino View Post
    I understand some comments/questions can be considered inflammatory by some. I guess it's a matter of opinion. However, I assure everyone here that I am not trying to be a troll. I don't pretend to know how many rounds of ammo have been put through the pistol in question (we only know of 2,000) but, A $7,500.00 pistol shouldn't have feeding issues for a long, long time. I want to learn as much as I can and that's why I started this thread; to get people talking. Just sayin', not trolling.
    First rule of custom guns is that expensive and reliable are not necessarily related. What is the basis for your statement "a $7,500.00 pistol shouldn't have feeding issues for a long, long time?"
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    First rule of custom guns is that expensive and reliable are not necessarily related. What is the basis for your statement "a $7,500.00 pistol shouldn't have feeding issues for a long, long time?"
    Until something wears on it and it causes the gun to behave unreliably. It makes sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong.

In my opinion, regardless of cost, "custom" and "reliable" should be related. Again, maybe I'm wrong.

We are diminished
    "Mino" I have no idea who you are. I paid $0.00 for the gun that everyone seems to know more about than me. It runs perfectly fine at present. It had a very common issue with a particular type of magazine in a very particular condition (10+1, feeding top round in mag). The gun was modified to cure this problem. The magazine manufacturer also made a change to their mag which also addressed this issue.

I do not normally participate here anymore, mostly because of idiots like you. If you have any more questions about my life choices or how I do and don't spend my money, contact me directly. If you do not have my contact information, please feel free to fuck yourself in the ass with a sharp stick.

Thank you and have a day.

User Tag List