Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A $7,500 gun with feeding issues?!?!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Well, when a 1911 says 9x19 on the side......the fail has already started before the first nickel was spent. Just Say'in.
    ***TC pets his CQB***

Don't listen to the big hairy man. You're special and I love you very much!
    Last edited by TCinVA; 10-10-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    3/15/2016

When involved in discussions we expect you to:

Remain polite and professional in your conversation with others. Demeaning, insulting, and berating other members will not be tolerated. You are free to disagree, but do so respectfully and with humility.
    •Heed direction from pistol-forum.com staff. The volunteer members of staff have been entrusted with the responsibility of protecting the forum’s value to the membership. Your cooperation with them in the effort to make this an outstanding resource is greatly appreciated.
    Show patience with new members who may be unfamiliar with the culture or features of the site. Offering good-natured guidance to new members is encouraged and appreciated.
    •Use the report function to alert members of staff to behavior that is not consistent with the conduct we expect of our membership. If someone is out of line, report them. Do not sink to their level.
    •Try to use proper English to aid in the comprehensibility of the forum
    •Abstain from any inter-forum warfare. Do not say mean things about other forums or people from other forums. We are here to discuss ideas, not personalities.
    •Try to keep threads on topic.
    •Abstain from posting, or linking to, Not-Safe-For-Work content (pictures, websites, etc.). This would include use in avatars, signatures, etc.
    •No whining, please.
    •Disclose any commercial interest you have in a product or vendor. This can be done in your signature.
    •Abstain from complaining about a problem with a product you aren't willing to contact the manufacturer about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mino View Post
    1- OK. I have no idea how to start a thread. I accept that. I'm cool with that. My apologies to all.
    2- The starting of this thread has nothing to do with lamenting BR's departure (although that sucks) but, rather inspired by something he noted as part of his "defense" post. It only has to do with a 1911 valued at $7,500.00 having feeding issues. I thought that sounded crazy. But, then again I'm not an expert, I am a student (or at least trying to be- if ya'll let me, lol).
    3- What did I do that was so inappropriate? What did I say that makes me "a person like you"? What kind of person am I, sir? I think I'm a pretty good dude.☺
    4- Every response to this thread was either funny/lighthearted or mean to the design of the 1911. SLG's, however, was the first response that was mean to me. Ouch. ToddG's response was amazing to me as it was both informative and funny-although-not-lighthearted in the sense that he answered my question and crushed me at the same time. Ouch again. I'm not offended. I suspect ToddG was alerted and basically fuming before he even logged on to answer the thread (I may be wrong or over-thinking here).

We are definitely living in a very judging and punishing society here, huh?
    If you are being sincere, than I stand corrected. Didn't seem that way, based on your recent posts.

"A person like you", meaning a troll. See above.

As far as crying to Todd, maybe your definition of crying is different than mine. That would seem to imply that you had hurt me in some way, and that Todd could do something about it. I speak to Todd almost every day. I tell him about many of the threads on here that I read or participate in. I try to get him back here every day. No luck. He decided to respond to this thread, since he probably felt the same way about your post as I did. His response certainly surprised me a bit, but he apparently was fairly offended by your post. You might take that as a clue.

Over the last thirty years, I have lost track of all the custom firearms I have had built. Most of them have been bolt action rifles and 1911 pistols. While you would expect a bolt action to be straightforward, many to most require tweaks. As to 1911 pistols, the further they deviate from steel, five inch, .45, the more likely they are to have issues. I do think Wilson Combat has done something special with their post production quality efforts to try to catch as many problems as possible, and I can't recall having to send a Wilson 1911 back.

If I fired the custom rifle guy and 1911 shop for every new firearm that needed attention, I would have been out of rifle and 1911 shops by now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Mino View Post
    3- What did I do that was so inappropriate? What did I say that makes me "a person like you"? What kind of person am I, sir? I think I'm a pretty good dude.
    Like SLG, I truly hope you're being sincere here, and not just trolling more. In that spirit, maybe I can provide some small amount of guidance:

Try to look at your posts in this thread from a different perspective. You started the thread in a cryptic manner, obliquely accusing Jason Burton of sending out a finished gun that didn't work, and you did so without any real evidence of that having been true. Even if we stipulate that the gun had a problem when Jason and Bill were talking about it, that in no way implies that the gun still had that problem (or any other problem) when it was sent to ToddG.

Next time you start a thread wanting to learn more about something, try to be a lot clearer about what you mean, for starters. Maybe say something like "BR's defense post contained a line that interested me: <insert quote about ToddG/Burton gun from BR's post>. Does anyone know if the feeding problem's cause was ever found and resolved, and if so, what was it and how was it resolved?"

That way, it'd be non-cryptic, non-accusatory, and it wouldn't make negative implications about anyone's financial choices or job performance.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Like SLG, I truly hope you're being sincere here, and not just trolling more. In that spirit, maybe I can provide some small amount of guidance:

Try to look at your posts in this thread from a different perspective. You started the thread in a cryptic manner, obliquely accusing Jason Burton of sending out a finished gun that didn't work, and you did so without any real evidence of that having been true. Even if we stipulate that the gun had a problem when Jason and Bill were talking about it, that in no way implies that the gun still had that problem (or any other problem) when it was sent to ToddG.

Next time you start a thread wanting to learn more about something, try to be a lot clearer about what you mean, for starters. Maybe say something like "BR's defense post contained a line that interested me: <insert quote about ToddG/Burton gun from BR's post>. Does anyone know if the feeding problem's cause was ever found and resolved, and if so, what was it and how was it resolved?"

That way, it'd be non-cryptic, non-accusatory, and it wouldn't make negative implications about anyone's financial choices or job performance.
    Very well said.

Obvious troll is obvious.

There are three other posters in this thread that I can't decide if they are just tools, or really epic trolls. Sorry for the Pfestivus type post, but this thread was made for it, and since it hasn't been taken down...

I love this forum, how is this thread still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I love this forum, how is this thread still alive?
    I wish we had a like button. Oh wait.....

This is just getting to the point of stupid. There is no educational benefit/learning experience to this thread. Mino, if you respect this forum at all just stop. This is the first thing I google in the morning and I will be severely pissed off if trolls like you ruin it

User Tag List