Thread: Weight Lifting

235 High Incline Close Grip Bench
    http://instagram.com/p/B6maT7kpUme/

270 Low Incline with regular grip
    http://instagram.com/p/B6mbBDup9hJ/

405 Lifetime PR with the SSB
    http://instagram.com/p/B6uE4ySpQ8h/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    @Hizzie

That’s insane on the close grip bench. My chest cavity would look like a piece of chewed gum that had been ran over if I attempted that.

I’m debating whether to wate till next week or try and squat on Wednesday. My inner thigh is feeling a lot better, almost completely normal, but I don’t want to screw it up again.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 12-31-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    @Hizzie

That’s insane on the close grip bench. My chest cavity would look like a piece of chewed gum that had been ran over if I attempted that.

I’m debating whether to wate till next week or try and squat on Wednesday. My inner thigh is feeling a lot better, almost completely normal, but I don’t want to screw it up again.
    Thanks!

Nothing wrong with taking it easy and doing mobility work.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Thanks!

Nothing wrong with taking it easy and doing mobility work.

Would you start back with dead lift or squats after an injury? My doc told me 2 weeks off lower body or I risked completely tearing the muscle.

I really just do the barebones basic compound barbell lifts, squats deadlifts OHP and bench. Adding in some very basic assistance exercises.

My experience with much else is limited and I’m doing this all in my own.

Site Supporter
    Would you start back with dead lift or squats after an injury? My doc told me 2 weeks off lower body or I risked completely tearing the muscle.

I really just do the barebones basic compound barbell lifts, squats deadlifts OHP and bench. Adding in some very basic assistance exercises.

My doc happens to be a power lifter, and he recommended using the basic lifts but super light ... like squatting with the empty bar the first day back even; or maybe 95 lbs or something.

Two weeks vs 6 months. If it was that serious it isn’t worth the risk before you heal.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Just started on Tactical Barbell Operator strength program.

Gonna give it a go for six months or so and then maybe switch to TB Mass program or 5/3/1 BBB.

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/produc...fc=MWP2IDP2PCP

Nupla 16lb sledge is $30 at Grainger. Cost less than a big one from big blue or orange store, and will last a lot longer. Head is marked Taiwan. Appears to be typical Nupla quality, well made but not well thought out. Fine for hitting tires, the handle is too skinny above the grip to choke up on the hammer.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Not weight lifting per se, but could be a cool warm up or mobility drill.
    If you're familiar with Dan John (or not), he's a big proponent of doing ground work to maintain the ability to get up, especially as we age.
    Here he outlines the "Get Back Up" Drill (and some other cool things like vertical bird dogs):

http://danjohn.net/2017/01/perform-b...ands-on-notes/

And in this IG post, doing the drill while keeping a laser pointer on a target:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Ji9wcF...=19g10bvqg0a1v

Might be fun to do with a SIRT or dry gun.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

So I compete in the sport of weightlifting, also known as Olympic Weightlifting. My most recent competition was in mid-December. I went 6/6 and PR’d my snatch and clean & jerk. I also qualified for the American Open Series as a 73kg Masters (35-39) and plan on competing at AO2 in late-June. I’ve been weight training since early 2014 including learning the olympic lifts. It wasn’t until March 2019 that I actually started training specifically for Olympic Weightlifting and got a coach. I have multiple competing interests (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, gymnastics/bodyweight, olympic weightlifting) so it makes it difficult to prioritize sometimes.

Pics are stills taken from video that my fiancée recorded. Snatch PR was 73kg/161# and C&J PR was 91kg/200#. Bodyweight was 70.5kg/155#

SNATCH
    Name:  7951C820-1CB4-455C-9E1C-44C11EB3FB5C.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  27.5 KB
    Name:  836D5551-8F68-4D91-B745-6390C6356DC3.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  28.6 KB
    Name:  CFC7841E-6CE9-4322-887F-9073CF525164.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  32.2 KB

CLEAN & JERK (I power/squat jerk; it’s how I learned and I never bothered with split jerking)
    Name:  4ADA524A-8494-4DB5-96B6-FFBA287495AF.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  27.3 KB
    Name:  5B7D3B67-4622-43E6-933A-48F3547F2B1E.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  27.3 KB
    Name:  18009F43-A08C-4433-BFF0-070905774F05.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  26.9 KB
    Name:  084A20C3-E243-45B9-9E44-9591CB5F1395.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  28.8 KB
    Name:  5E33436B-D990-4CF7-8657-78117F1FB43F.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  26.4 KB
    Last edited by Timbonez; 01-17-2020 at 01:52 PM.

User Tag List