Page 66 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    I'm limited to Smith Machines at the moment, low bar doesn't work so hot, maybe of I turn and face the opposite direction the different angle will work better for for the low bar, otherwise I'm going to need to try the front squat. Have a bulging C5 or C6.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Best investment I have made in gym stuff. Squats, front squats, good mornings, calf raises, lunges, presses. Etc. This thing is a workhorse and has saved my jacked up shoulders and back. I am partial to the elite fts ssb. But there are a few good ones on the market. And 75lbs of solid steel is always nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 05-31-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

Best investment I have made in gym stuff. Squats, front squats, good mornings, calf raises, lunges, presses. Etc. This thing is a workhorse and has saved my jacked up shoulders and back. I am partial to the elite fts ssb. But there are a few good ones on the market. And 75lbs of solid steel is always nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe one of these days.

I'm starting to think about taking some supplements and am looking for recommendations and kind of a "how-to" on vetting manufactures. I read from someone here on P-F (sorry I forgot who and what thread it was in) how a Chinese company was making supplements with toxic material in it. Looking to avoid that.

I've used Labdoor for basic stuff like multivitamins, fish oil and Vitamin D and stuff, but I'm not sure if they're legit. I also use Examine to to find out if a supplement is useful or not.

Supplements I'm thinking of taking:

Creatine
    BCAA (I lift fasted, and it's been recommended to take 10g before working out)

If there's something else I should look into, please let me know.

I have creatine and bcaa from that chinese company that's big on Amazon, though I just noticed today it's 3 years past expiration date.

EDIT: Can't get Amazon store link to work: https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/8...web_8411398011

The brandname is literally BulkSuppliments and features a white bag with a red "fist pump" dude on it. Let's see if this link works: https://www.amazon.com/Monohydrate-M...web_8411398011
    Last edited by Jay585; 05-31-2019 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Link fixing
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I've been using Musclefeast Creapure and Optimum Nutrition Whey and Casein, too early to see any real benefits.

Creapure was from info on labdoor. ON protein as I have two local vendors that carry it.

Chuck Haggard posted this study re creatine usage.
    https://www.mdpi.com/2077-0383/8/4/4...NAp0FHJij77bZ0

If you think supplements will help you, they probably will. Outside of anabolics, the science on them says they a largely a waste of money for gaining muscle mass or athletic performance. For truly elite performers a 1-2% boost might be a monumental improvement, for the rest of us it's not measurable.

BCAAs are a complete waste of money. If you're going to do that you might as well pony up for EAAs. Or you can take a little whey, which is a complete protein, or just eat some eggs or meat, or drink milk.

In theory, on a daily basis if you could convert a whopping 2 - 2.5 grams of the protein you consume into new muscle mass, you would put on 40lbs of muscle in 5 years, and that would be outstanding accomplishment. Skeletal muscle is roughly 20-25% protein and 75-80% water and other stuff. I know people don't gain muscle in a linear manner, and that doesn't account for base metabolic requirement or protein needed for muscle repair. For building muscle, a negligible amount protein goes a long ways, especially if you're in it for the long haul. Just keep that in mind before you think you have to take supplements.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

New training cycle. Kids out of school and errands to run kept me busy all day. The garage is hot and humid. Day one is in the books.

http://instagram.com/p/ByQG0nGgdaq/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

This is a must watch. One of the best weight lifting podcast ever. Two of the greats of powerlifting on down to earth nutrition and training.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCy3V5SuQio
    This is a must watch. One of the best weight lifting podcast ever. Two of the greats of powerlifting on down to earth nutrition and training.
    Thanks for posting this.

26 minutes into it, and I can already tell I'm going to be brewing up a cup of coffee to watch this through.

No idea who these guys are, but what they're saying is gold.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Getting after that 400#

The Spider Chalk is neato.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    Getting after that 400#

The Spider Chalk is neato.

Good luck! Working hard towards your goals is really rewarding.

Nothing special this week for me. Just boring same ol same ol.

User Tag List