Page 17 of 175 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Saturday! Today I am working lower body, which is a pretty simple workout for me.

Monday & Thursday I focused on increasing weight.

Today will be range of motion and form day at 75% weight of my pr.

So what that looks like for me:

Squat:
    5x6 @ 195
    Squat is something I have been working up slowly because I have a bad knee that is finally starting to feel better.

Deadlift:
    5x5 @ 310

calf raises 5 second hold at 135
    3x max

Abs/core work in between sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I only have bumpers. Half economy and half competition. Waiting for another deal on competition bumpers to add to my pile.

I've looked at Dean's stuff. I think his trap bars only rate 500. Probably gonna have home make me a custom chin-up bar for my rack.
    He has a new bar that's schedule 80 pipe and rated to 800. I have that bar, it's a little bulky but the lighter weight makes it easier to store. Weight ratings are tricky since their is no standard for them. I trust Deans ratings and think that I can use a bar at those weights and not worry about bending or breaking the bar. I'm pretty sure if I load a 500lbs on a cheap "1000lb" rated barbell it'll be permanently bent but a 1000lbs won't snap the shaft.

I'm not sure what the collar length is, but if you're worried about weight limits, the odd looking Crepensik trap bar is probably going to be as strong as you can get. www.1500lb.com
    Last edited by txdpd; 03-04-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

That Crepensik bar is, umm, interesting. I'll give the BWTG site another look.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I like the schedule 80 bar. That might be the ticket. Thanks!
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Name:  IMG_1917.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  66.4 KB

I had schedule 80 bar made in a rackable version, it looks like you could get close to 17" of plate loading space without stops on the collars. You could always add shaft collars to make it rackable. It dwarfs a regular trap bar.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I've got an axle, front squat bar, Viking press, and box squat box from Dean at BWTG. Good solid stuff and fair price.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I only have bumpers. Half economy and half competition. Waiting for another deal on competition bumpers to add to my pile.

I've looked at Dean's stuff. I think his trap bars only rate 500. Probably gonna have home make me a custom chin-up bar for my rack.
    Where are you finding deals on Bumper plates? Please post here with the info. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Where are you finding deals on Bumper plates? Please post here with the info. Thanks!
    It was a floor model special. Grabbed 6 x 55 competition bumpers for $418 shipped.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I can believe that about dairy. My plan is to switch out coke zero with plain unsweet tea. It gives me something cold to drink with caffeine. My girlfriend is a doctor and she keeps telling me how bad it is for me, and that I will never get rid of my gut with how much I drink.
    If you're anything like me, you'll never truly feel good if you try responsibly plan and tailor vices/addictions.

Ditch all that junk. Drink water. Get sleep. Feel good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    If you're anything like me, you'll never truly feel good if you try responsibly plan and tailor vices/addictions.

Ditch all that junk. Drink water. Get sleep. Feel good.
    I actually love plain unsweet tea, and it's not really bad for you. Giving up coke zero is not going to be easy, but I can do it.

I have written out a workout plan were I lift MWF, and do abs and run on TR. Saturday and Sunday will be my off days. They key will be curtailing my intake of Mexican food. Authentic Mexican food is my favorite stuff on earth.

Another thing you mentioned is getting sleep. Sleep is more important than I give it credit for being.

User Tag List