Page 139 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    That's about where I am at. I do tend to drink too much and I 99% of the time drink beer. I try to make up for it with diet and working out. Need a new job, teaching usually leads to heavy drinking unfortunately
    Oh yeah, I forgot about those calories.

I'm working in detox and recovery now and only drink on my days off because I enjoy a nice therapeutic buzz. Back when I was working in psych hospitals I was drinking everyday just to stay sane.

Fortunately I drink rocky mountain trout piss and whiskey so the calories aren't "that" bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post

I'm working in detox and recovery now and only drink on my days off because I enjoy a nice therapeutic buzz. Back when I was working in psych hospitals I was drinking everyday just to stay sane.

Fortunately I drink rocky mountain trout piss and whiskey so the calories aren't "that" bad.
    I went to college outside of st Louis after the corps. Mostly budlight here. My students and my own kids make it easy to reach for a 6 pack sometimes

I went to college outside of st Louis after the corps. Mostly budlight here. My students and my own kids make it easy to reach for a 6 pack sometimes
    My current job is awesome but my last one was an adolescent psych hospital and that was rough. My kids are pretty good at 4 and almost 2. I can't really complain about them.

I can imagine your students though. I went to high school in Rock Island.

My current job is awesome but my last one was an adolescent psych hospital and that was rough. My kids are pretty good at 4 and almost 2. I can't really complain about them.

I can imagine your students though. I went to high school in Rock Island.
    I have 3 girls and 1 boy. Oldest is in third grade, lots of attitude lately. Thanks for motivating me to focus on meal prep and approaching lifting in a really constructive way. On a new cycle of 5/3/1 and feeling great.

I have 3 girls and 1 boy. Oldest is in third grade, lots of attitude lately. Thanks for motivating me to focus on meal prep and approaching lifting in a really constructive way. On a new cycle of 5/3/1 and feeling great.
    Oh fuck

I've got a 4yo boy and almost 2yo girl.

All the attitude is easily squelched. So far.

For me lifting is a benchmark. I think most men should be able to do a b and c. While running this far with this weight. If you can't then fuck off you're a pussy.

When I hit a certain benchmark everything gets raised.

Right now it's a simple bench 315/squat 405/ pull 495/run 8 miles in armor/swim for an hour.
    Meal prep for me is simple. My mom opened a gym when I was 8. I've been in this lifestyle for 30 years. I don't even think about it.

Site Supporter

My low tolerance for booze notwithstanding, I worked with enough severe CIWA patients that alcohol really did lose a bit of it's shine.

Not like I'll suddenly be drinking a handle of vodka per day, but having such a bad drinking problem that I soil myself more than the usual amount, hallucinate, and my life ends before I turn 65...well that just ain't a good look. Not something I want for myself for sure.

I do enjoy a decent craft beer on the off weekends though.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I havent lifted in over a month, and it's my favorite hobby. Just been so wiped out with work. 03RN whats the new job? 45, I know what you mean about the CIWAs taking the romance out of the drink, feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    I havent lifted in over a month, and it's my favorite hobby. Just been so wiped out with work. 03RN whats the new job? 45, I know what you mean about the CIWAs taking the romance out of the drink, feel the same way.

When I moved up to NH I left inpatient psych behind for drug and alcohol detox and recovery.

I took last week off from lifting after a long run then hiked a local Mt (10miles in 4 hours) so I was active enough.

Tonight I'm finishing up my back
    Deadlifts
    135x10
    225x10
    315x10
    405x10
    405x5
    405x5
    405x5
    405x5

After every set I did a set of slow wide grip pull ups. Just sets of 5 but really slow.

Time to go home and go to bed

Tried a 330-pound bench press and came up short, got it almost halfway but unlike horseshoes close does not count.
    That was the first max I missed in a long time, that's it for this year going heavy.

Going to trim down some and do medium heavy weights till next summer.
    Staying strong at 70 years old is a mind game as much as a physical game.
    Got to 320 pounds on the bench press which is good for my age.

Just wanted to be honest and not just post positive results, keep lifting you younger guys it will reward you when you get older and keep you young in spirt.

User Tag List