Page 13 of 175 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Got a link?
    http://aasgaardco.com/store/presale/...l-prescription

"The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training for Life After 40 directly addresses the most pervasive problem faced by aging humans: the loss of physical strength and all its associated problems – the loss of muscle mass, bone mineral loss and osteoporosis, hip fractures (a terminal event for many older people), loss of balance and coordination, diabetes, heart disease related to a sedentary lifestyle, and the loss of independence.

The worst advice an older person ever gets is, “Take it easy.” Easy makes you soft, and soft makes you dead. The Barbell Prescription maps an escape from the usual fate of older adults: a logical, programmed approach to the hard work necessary to win at the extreme sport of Aging Well. Unlike all other books on the subject of exercise for seniors, The Barbell Prescription challenges the motivated Athlete of Aging with a no-nonsense training approach to strength and health – and demonstrates that everybody can become significantly stronger using the most effective tools ever developed for the job."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Not too much of a self plug. Its always good to know someones background and accomplishments. I appreciate learning more about experience and expertise.

Do you have a link to your podcast?

Thanks
    Here ya go; http://www.disruptivefit.com/category/podcasts/
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Personaltrainingdotcom on youtube, is one of the more sensible and insightful sources for lifting information on the web.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL...KRBy6HH2_8HHnQ

The deadlift and squat videos are pure gold.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    Rogue is running their Black Friday sale now and offering buy 5 items that ships for $5. Here is a link: http://www.roguefitness.com

Necro! Well kind of.

Who is still at it? I just set some new goals and hit a couple of PRs yesterday. The one I am most proud of was my dead lift, finally got 415. I will spent a little time around 400 cleaning up form and getting it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Necro! Well kind of.

Who is still at it? I just set some new goals and hit a couple of PRs yesterday. The one I am most proud of was my dead lift, finally got 415. I will spent a little time around 400 cleaning up form and getting it twice.
    I pulled 245 this week. Failed at 275 LOL
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I pulled 245 this week. Failed at 275 LOL
    sounds like me with dips. Was trying for 3x7 with 70 lbs attached via chain. Almost broke my face

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    sounds like me with dips. Was trying for 3x7 with 70 lbs attached via chain. Almost broke my face
    I have moved to all trap bar for deadlifts. With long legs and short torso I think its way safer for me to get into a "safe" biomechanical movement. And nearing 60, I'm not worrying about purist this or that. Just trying to not hurt myself in the process.
    Last edited by JHC; 03-03-2017 at 08:09 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Why am I just now finding this thread???
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Why am I just now finding this thread???

Tell me about it!

User Tag List