Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Just did about 500 yards with 135lbs on my back. Not insane stuff, but I’ve got a cold or something and this did more to me feel better than anything else.

Has anyone built a squat/OHP platform out of wood?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Just did about 500 yards with 135lbs on my back. Not insane stuff, but I’ve got a cold or something and this did more to me feel better than anything else.

Has anyone built a squat/OHP platform out of wood?

Tonight I OHP and then Squatted 365 x 1 and 325 x 5.

Racked pulled my way up to 435. All that in about 40 minutes, maybe less.

Not too bad after my earlier weightlifting in the day. Sometimes the vibe to lift hits you and you things just go well in the gym.

Getting ready to get back to the grind for the umpteenth time.

I installed a TV in the garage. Still need to drop an extra outlet for it and ditch the extension. Handy for the airdyne bike we got. I also made a wood rack for my weights instead of the tree.

Name:  20211114_164853.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  49.8 KB

I'm going to be building a platform as well, but need a better idea on how to level it. And my rack has a bent foot. I almost hate to put the crummy rack on the platform when it gets built.

Because my ceiling is low I do my OHP seated. I think I have set a bad foundation for form when I started. Can anyone recommend any guides on form for seated OHP?
    Last edited by Cory; 11-14-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Getting ready to get back to the grind for the umpteenth time.

I installed a TV in the garage. Still need to drop an extra outlet for it and ditch the extension. Handy for the airdyne bike we got. I also made a wood rack for my weights instead of the tree.

Name:  20211114_164853.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  49.8 KB

I'm going to be building a platform as well, but need a better idea on how to level it. And my rack has a bent foot. I almost hate to put the crummy rack on the platform when it gets built.

Because my ceiling is low I do my OHP seated. I think I have set a bad foundation for form when I started. Can anyone recommend any guides on form for seated OHP?

Inspiring!

The only recommendation I have is to search out people who know what they are talking about for seated overhead press.

The advantages of being so short you could act in the Wizard of Oz is that I can do overhead press anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post

I would wholeheartedly recommend anything by EliteFTS. They put out a ton of great free content. They exist primarily to do just that as a business.

https://www.google.com/search?q=elit...obile&ie=UTF-8

Site Supporter
    Saturday I OHP, squatted, rack pulled and benched.

Yesterday I went in and benched and deadlifted. Worked my way up to one rep of 375 on deadlift and then did 50 reps of 135 in about 85 seconds. 135 isn’t much but that really taxed my will.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    2 weeks later...

3 sets of 5 (high back) squats 165
    3 x 5 bench press 150
    3 x 5 deadlift 215
    3 x 5 overhead press 115
    5 x 3 power clean 115

Struggling with the last rep on bench & overhead press, but I think I have plenty of room to grow on the others. Still fitzing with squat technique - getting my thighs to parallel with a bar on the back just isn't comfortable yet.
    2+ months later:

3 sets of 5 (low bar) squats 205
    3 x 5 bench press 160
    3 x 5 deadlift 245
    3 x 5 overhead press 120
    5 x 3 power clean 135

2+ months later:

3 sets of 5 (low bar) squats 205
    3 x 5 bench press 160
    3 x 5 deadlift 245
    3 x 5 overhead press 120
    5 x 3 power clean 135
    That is nice progress. Losing weight, gaining weight, or maintaining?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    That is nice progress. Losing weight, gaining weight, or maintaining?
    Still trying to lose, but basically maintaining (lose for 3 weeks, eat like an asshole for 1 and start over)...

Still trying to lose, but basically maintaining (lose for 3 weeks, eat like an asshole for 1 and start over)...
    It can be hard to tell, depending on your level of bodyfat, but it wouldn't surprise me if you've put on a couple pounds of muscle while losing fat. It can keep the scale weight the same, but if you notice that pants get a tiny bit more snug in the thigh or butt, but slightly looser in the waist, or that shirts are just a little tighter around the neck/shoulders/chest, that may be what's happening.

User Tag List