Page 102 of 175 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1746

Thread: Weight Lifting

20 Rep Squats

Done right they teach you an awful lot about yourself. I’ve done them for giggles and done them as a byproduct of my regular programming. When I was younger I ran 5/3/1 with BBB and utilized Jokers and First Set Last. FSL routinely had me putting up sets of 20 or more. My best ever was 315 x 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Done right they teach you an awful lot about yourself. I’ve done them for giggles and done them as a byproduct of my regular programming. When I was younger I ran 5/3/1 with BBB and utilized Jokers and First Set Last. FSL routinely had me putting up sets of 20 or more. My best ever was 315 x 25.

With your abilities, I now feel pretty darn good about 315 x 12.

One day I want to do 135 x 100. Think if I was fresh, and willing to take all the time I needed, I could grind it out.

Things like 135 x 100 are not going to build my muscle up like Arnold's, or something to do all the time, but it can be rewarding mental and physical challenge to try every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    With your abilities, I now feel pretty darn good about 315 x 12.

One day I want to do 135 x 100. Think if I was fresh, and willing to take all the time I needed, I could grind it out.

Things like 135 x 100 are not going to build my muscle up like Arnold's, or something to do all the time, but it can be rewarding mental and physical challenge to try every once in a while.
    I never had elite numbers.

My lifetime best lifts:

500 squat
    545 deadlift
    340 bench press
    245 OHP

At the time I hit the 315x25 I was climbing back with a 485 squat post hip surgery.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    I never had elite numbers.

My lifetime best lifts:

500 squat
    545 deadlift
    340 bench press
    245 OHP

At the time I hit the 315x25 I was climbing back with a 485 squat post hip surgery.

Dude, those are awesome numbers. You should be proud. The kind of work it takes to produce that is not easy.

I mean it when I say that me doing half what you did makes me feel good.

A lot of people will overlook it because it’s not a sexy lift, but that OHP is damn impressive.

Also thanks for your contributions to the weight lifting section. Good stuff.

Currently deadlifts are going the best for me. It looks like my 5/3/1 day will see me going after a new PR to adjust my training max.

Can’t seem to embed igtv so here’s the link to my last deadlift session. 385x15
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNFm_9t...d=6t4e5qk855c3
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Sea shanties and deadlifts.

More deadlift shenanigans. 405x13

Linky—-> https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNbPPQI...d=smm6v9f4cl5z
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    More deadlift shenanigans. 405x13

Linky—-> https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNbPPQI...d=smm6v9f4cl5z

Good job man! Were you pretty smoked after that?

How do you like the trap bar vs conventional dead lifts?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Good job man! Were you pretty smoked after that?

How do you like the trap bar vs conventional dead lifts?
    Thanks!

Truthfully I felt like I had another 2 or 3 reps in me. I wanted 12 but settled for a baker’s dozen. I definitely had to take a breather before finishing up with KB Swings 80x20 superset with Hanging Leg Raises BWx10 for 4 rounds.

I love trap bar deads! I can push near max percentages regularly without pain. Conventional or Sumo at meaningful percentages always seemed to aggravate my low back. It’s all about risk to reward. I don’t compete in powerlifting so no reward for sticking with straight bar anything. If you creep my IG you’ll see I have several specialty bars. I pretty much only use an EliteFTS SS Yoke for squat variations and an American Cambered Grip Bar for pressing. I really like using Swiss Bars for rowing movements too. They work better for tri’s than bi’s though. For me it’s all about long term. If something beats me up I find a less abusive alternative and keep making progress.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

PR inside

25lb PR

Trap Bar Deads 515x1

http://instagram.com/p/CNvhKrJA5lu/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    25lb PR

Trap Bar Deads 515x1

http://instagram.com/p/CNvhKrJA5lu/

You made that look easy.

With your experience, and abilities I am curious. What is your take on Mark Rippitoe?

I like the guy for what he is, he is funny, but he can be over the top. He does offer a good program for beginners and people who just want to be not weak. That's my take, I am more interested in yours.

User Tag List