Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1742

Thread: Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Anyone have or use the Rogue echo bike?

Florida is hot, and I've been thinking about an option for cardio or HIIT in the garage where there is a good fan. Which had me looking at the concept 2, but I don't have the space. Then, my wife expressed a ton of intrest in getting an "exercise bike" so she could work on her health/fitness. I suggested the Echo and she told me to get it. Lot of coin, but after I get my wind back (pesky covid. Doin better just slow) it'll get used.

Thoughts?
    The Echo is a great bike imo. IME all the big name bikes are well built, so I'd buy the one you can the best deal on. Often times you can find a good deal on the Air Assault bikes locally on a place like Craigslist, or at least you can in my area.

I've been enjoying weightlifting for 54 years.
    Have fun.
    Do enough but not too much.
    Diet comes from the Latin "to die". There's nothing wrong with cold pizza and warm beer for breakfast; just don't do it every day.
    Don't forget the cardio!
    Get a good watch. I've been wearing Timex for 60 years.
    Like my newest; it's another Ironman...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I need some more plates. I'm stuck with 365 untill I do.

I have a Rogue Echo. An absolute tank. A bit pricey but the price is reflected in the product. That being said, a vintage Schwinn Airdyne will whip you just the same and often can be found used for a lot less money. In fact, if i could've found one near me I wouldn't have the Echo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I need some more plates. I'm stuck with 365 untill I do.

Good stuff!

Are you double over handing, with no chalk or straps?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Good stuff!

Are you double over handing, with no chalk or straps?
    Thanks

Mixed grip with chalk

New house has high ceilings, so power rack & weights are going into the area some call a 'dining room'...whatever.
    Still, I want to protect the floor; checking to see if anyone has a better idea than 12 of these mats.

Ended up using the chat feature to ask some questions and the lady offered me another 3% discount on top of today's 25% discount to order now, so the tiles are en route for $230 shipped.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 11-13-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    New house has high ceilings, so power rack & weights are going into the area some call a 'dining room'...whatever.
    Still, I want to protect the floor; checking to see if anyone has a better idea than 12 of these mats.

Ended up using the chat feature to ask some questions and the lady offered me another 3% discount on top of today's 25% discount to order now, so the tiles are en route for $230 shipped.
    I was going to say plywood, horse stall matts, then plywood. The tiles you linked may work ok, depending on how squishy they are, and how hard you let down your deadlifts.

ETA: Also depends on what you're doing. Oly stuff: what I just said, bumper plates and plenty of space. Most people don't fail squats often and badly enough to need to ditch, and presumably you have or will get safeties or spotter arms. Although it's worth doing once or twice with a lightly loaded bar, just so if it happens, it's not the first time. Same thing with the roll of shame on bench: don't let the first time you do that be when you're home alone and actually failing.
    Last edited by Joe S; 11-13-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

you could build a platform like this that would be rock solid. Two layers of alternating direction plywood then horse mats +ply for top layer.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    you could build a platform like this that would be rock solid. Two layers of alternating direction plywood then horse mats +ply for top layer.
    I’m making space in my garage for a platform. I’ve been trying to decide between maple or oak plywood for the top layer, and then what to finish it with.

User Tag List