Page 134 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1742

Thread: Weight Lifting

For me and another lifter I know, eating a paleo/keto-ish diet has the side effect of nearly eliminating inflammation. YMMV, of course.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Nope. First time, and it fucking sucks balls. It hurts. Gripping my pistol properly hurts, holding the steering wheel the wrong way hurts. Walking around with elbows at the wrong angle hurts. Also expeiencing some Illio-Tibal-Band Syndrome. Thinking systemic inflamation is too high, and I am paying for it in areas where it takes a lot of inflamation to notice.

My doc agrees that exercise is the solution, but his colleague, Dr. YouTube, seems rather optomistic in his/her/its recommendations.

Man, this sucks...

pat
    If you have not considered voodoo floss, it's worth a try. The bands are inexpensive and you can find them Amazon. They're easy to use with a partner's help. It is the only thing that has ever given me immediate relief from elbow pain.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    If you have not considered voodoo floss, it's worth a try. The bands are inexpensive and you can find them Amazon. They're easy to use with a partner's help. It is the only thing that has ever given me immediate relief from elbow pain.
    Thanks, I'll look into it...

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    For me and another lifter I know, eating a paleo/keto-ish diet has the side effect of nearly eliminating inflammation. YMMV, of course.

I didn’t go that far, but I have cut all wheat. I’ve lost weight and feel much better.

Site Supporter
    Body weight under 170. Around 167-169.

Pulled 405 on the dead lift, then 315 x 5 , then 225 x18-20 (lost count)

I’m pretty proud of the 405. I’ve pulled it before but lately I’ve had trouble doing it and I’ve lost 10+ pounds over the last 6 months.

After over a decade as an avid lifter I haven't touched a weight in nearly two years. Having the most difficult time getting started consistently again.

Wanted to jump back into it with something like 5x5 but have also really started enjoying kettlebells and circuit/bodyweight stuff. Have a gym at work with kettlebells, power cage, deadlift platform and dumbbells up to 75lbs. We even have showers. Just struggling to get going again.

This will go hand in hand with a new focus on intermittent fasting/alternate day fasting with the goal of walking on fasting days and lifting on non fasting days (Tue/Thur).

Heaviest weight was 276lb. Dropped to 196lb via keto. Current weight is unknown due to fear and embarrassment but will face the scale this week. Guessing around 240lb.

Goals:

Body Weight 195
    Run a mile non stop
    OHP of 135
    Bench 225 for 5
    Front squat 275lbs
    Perform full rep dead gang pull up (I currently cannot do a single one)
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    After over a decade as an avid lifter I haven't touched a weight in nearly two years. Having the most difficult time getting started consistently again.

Wanted to jump back into it with something like 5x5 but have also really started enjoying kettlebells and circuit/bodyweight stuff. Have a gym at work with kettlebells, power cage, deadlift platform and dumbbells up to 75lbs. We even have showers. Just struggling to get going again.

This will go hand in hand with a new focus on intermittent fasting/alternate day fasting with the goal of walking on fasting days and lifting on non fasting days (Tue/Thur).

Heaviest weight was 276lb. Dropped to 196lb via keto. Current weight is unknown due to fear and embarrassment but will face the scale this week. Guessing around 240lb.

Goals:

Body Weight 195
    Run a mile non stop
    OHP of 135
    Bench 225 for 5
    Front squat 275lbs
    Perform full rep dead gang pull up (I currently cannot do a single one)

Good luck!

Why the front squat and not back squat?

I’m seldom motivated for the gym, and I often despise going. What I have going for me is at this point I hate how I feel not going more than going. When I finish a hard work I’m so thankful that I went.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Good luck!

Why the front squat and not back squat?

I’m seldom motivated for the gym, and I often despise going. What I have going for me is at this point I hate how I feel not going more than going. When I finish a hard work I’m so thankful that I went.
    Thank you!

No other reason than comfort. Back squats just makes my back feel like hell. I’m sure I’m not seating the barbell properly but it’s built up over the years to my just having an aversion for the movement.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Benching 3 times a week, took a little time to get use to the high volume but it's paying off.
    Being an older lifter, I was not sure how I would hold up on this routine.

It's a 6-week put 30 pounds on your bench Max.

70-year-old Elite bench is 315 pounds, fuck old age, I am going out fighting!

Today was week 4 Heavy Day.

295 x 1
    295 X 1
    295 X 1
    295 X 1
    295 X 1

265 X 3
    265 X 3
    265X 3

235 X 5
    235 X 5
    235 X 5

Seated Front Press 4 sets of 5 Reps
    4 sets of 5 Reps bent rows
    4 sets of Triceps extensions
    4 sets of Barbell curls

https://beverlyinternationalstore.co...bs-in-6-weeks/

RM, that's cat daddy right there. Are you 70? I, too, would have been curious at recovery ability at age. Are you squatting and/or deadlifting to any degree during these 6 weeks? Have you changed your diet any?

Chris

User Tag List