Page 121 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1742

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Thanks. Had to sign up for instagram.

Site Supporter
    Just did a 405 squat (PR for me) and then, with the help of The Delta Force theme, dropped down and hit 315 for 20 reps. Pretty happy about that.

Edit to add: This was done in cowboy boots and blue jeans. Smart? Maybe not but I知 still proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Just did a 405 squat (PR for me) and then, with the help of The Delta Force theme, dropped down and hit 315 for 20 reps. Pretty happy about that.

Edit to add: This was done in cowboy boots and blue jeans. Smart? Maybe not but I知 still proud of it!
    Actually, if you've got enough room for the front of the foot, cowboy boots could give you a similar effect to Oly lifting shoes: non-compressive, so you're stable, a slight raised heel helps many folks comfortably hit depth.

As for the jeans, a lot of early single-ply gear for powerlifting in what they call the "geared" class, where they have assistive garments, was canvas or denim. If the fit was right, it can give you a little oomph out of the hole (bottom of the squat) where you need it the most.

In any case, 4 plates is an awesome PR. Congrats.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Actually, if you've got enough room for the front of the foot, cowboy boots could give you a similar effect to Oly lifting shoes: non-compressive, so you're stable, a slight raised heel helps many folks comfortably hit depth.

As for the jeans, a lot of early single-ply gear for powerlifting in what they call the "geared" class, where they have assistive garments, was canvas or denim. If the fit was right, it can give you a little oomph out of the hole (bottom of the squat) where you need it the most.

In any case, 4 plates is an awesome PR. Congrats.

Thanks. At 180 I知 happy. The boot and jean set up actually feels pretty decent.

Even more then the 405, I知 happy about the 315 for 20. That was a mental grind.

How痴 your lifting been going?

Site Supporter
    I set a goal a while ago to get 3 major lifts to total up to over 1000lb, squat, deadlift, and bench. All 3 have to be done in the same gym session, within 45 minutes of each other. I thought I was close but I underestimated how tough it would be to get all 3 in a place where that was possible.

I'm 34, 6'4" about 195lbs. Long arms and some shoulder injuries in the past have left my bench pathetic.

I can cleanly squat 315 and deadlift 405 right now, but I barely can put up 255 on bench. Grrrrrrrr. Been frustrated with a lot of setbacks, but I'm super motivated to finish this either before 2022 or very early 2022.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I set a goal a while ago to get 3 major lifts to total up to over 1000lb, squat, deadlift, and bench. All 3 have to be done in the same gym session, within 45 minutes of each other. I thought I was close but I underestimated how tough it would be to get all 3 in a place where that was possible.

I'm 34, 6'4" about 195lbs. Long arms and some shoulder injuries in the past have left my bench pathetic.

I can cleanly squat 315 and deadlift 405 right now, but I barely can put up 255 on bench. Grrrrrrrr. Been frustrated with a lot of setbacks, but I'm super motivated to finish this either before 2022 or very early 2022.

That痴 not bad at all. You should be proud of that.

How痴 your lifting been going?
    To be honest not great, but I'm ok with it. My sleep and diet have been off, probably due to stress, and that means that I'm more likely to just sit on the couch drinking coffee in the early morning rather than dragging the barbell out into the cold. I've done some kettlebell stuff, nothing strictly programmed, but some Armor Building Complex by Dan John (2 cleans, 1 press, 3 squats) and some swings with the 72 kg. And the running is still going, and making a difference. Last week I went and lifted some natural stones, and while I am still not anywhere near the squat and deadlift I was before the pandemic, I could tell on carries that I recharged much quicker in between sets.

It is what it is for me at the moment. Next month will be less hectic for me, and I'll either do a block of really pounding the KB swings and eating, or just go straight back into the deads on the barbell.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post

I've had this goal, and I'm pretty close too. I hadn't tried maxing out my lifts in awhile, so I tried today. 270 bench, 320 squat, 395 deadlift. I could probably deadlift a little more but this is on my home gym and I ran out of plates. 6'2" 230, 44 y.o.

Site Supporter
    You guys are showing me up on bench. At 180 and 5'4", I should be benching more than 240. Especially considering my deadlift and squat are both over 400. It's just so difficult for me to progress on bench and over head press.

I almost pulled 405 tonight on deadlift, but after squatting so much on Tuesday and deadlifting on Tuesday, I just didn't have the strength to finish it out tonight. So I dropped down and did 135 for 50 reps in about 70 seconds. That was enough to get me smoked.

Good from all of you, and I am impressed by the hard work I see from the lifters here. It is inspiring to see people keep working at it.

Site Supporter

Holy Chuck Norris that's badass.

You just need to two micro uzis on leather shoulder rigs to round out the ensemble.

Awesome PR btw.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List