Page 160 of 175 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Hit a 415 squat last night. Not the best depth but still a PR for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Hit a 415 squat last night. Not the best depth but still a PR for me.
    Congrats

Sometimes you need to break that psychological barrier first. First time I ever squated 495 was after a month of just stepping out with it for a few weeks
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    At 170 pounds, every little bit of gain feels like a lot work for me.

Part of me would like to get up to 180 or 190 and see if I can get my DL and Squat in the 500s but I don’t really feel as good as heavier.

Site Supporter
    At 170 pounds, every little bit of gain feels like a lot work for me.

Part of me would like to get up to 180 or 190 and see if I can get my DL and Squat in the 500s but I don’t really feel as good as heavier.
    I didn't either until I let my strength kind of drive my weight. If I could put up 20 more pounds on my main lifts, I gained 2-5 lbs. Keeping my strength to weight ratio super positive helped with that. That being said, I went from 170-200 ish over years and I should probably be 190 but now that I've hit two hundy I hate giving it up

Site Supporter
    I really am grateful to God that I have the ability and opportunity to lift. While I am no strength specimen, and as much as I hate to lift weights, weight lifting is some of the best medicine I have ever used.

Hit a 415 deadlift tonight, then dropped down an hit 325 x 1 and 225 x 23.

Seems 5/3/1 worked pretty well for me, so I will run it again.

Weight is about 170.

I really am grateful to God that I have the ability and opportunity to lift. While I am no strength specimen, and as much as I hate to lift weights, weight lifting is some of the best medicine I have ever used.

Hit a 415 deadlift tonight, then dropped down an hit 325 x 1 and 225 x 23.

Seems 5/3/1 worked pretty well for me, so I will run it again.

Weight is about 170.
    Back before kids I loved lifting. Now that my free time is a fraction of what it was I just grind through it. I like the results. Being strong, healthy, and hard to kill is why I lift. I just want to run, shoot, and hunt too.

Today we went for a run. My son's 5 now and I pushed him on a 6 mile run last week, in armor, he's just getting to big. He rode his bike today which really slowed me down but it was a slow incline and we hit the goal. The ride home we picked up the pace and I found a log to carry the 2.5 miles home. It was fun.
    Armor, camelback, and log was probably 30lbs total
    Name:  IMG_20230901_111635.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  47.1 KB

Deadlifted last night. Only got 405x8 and 495x1 but that was after a tweaked back a couple months ago. Felling good, just not quite as strong.

Benching tonight. Last week I got 315 and thought I could get an extra rep but wound up having to dump it

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Back before kids I loved lifting. Now that my free time is a fraction of what it was I just grind through it. I like the results. Being strong, healthy, and hard to kill is why I lift. I just want to run, shoot, and hunt too.

Today we went for a run. My son's 5 now and I pushed him on a 6 mile run last week, in armor, he's just getting to big. He rode his bike today which really slowed me down but it was a slow incline and we hit the goal. The ride home we picked up the pace and I found a log to carry the 2.5 miles home. It was fun.
    Armor, camelback, and log was probably 30lbs total
    Name:  IMG_20230901_111635.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  47.1 KB

Deadlifted last night. Only got 405x8 and 495x1 but that was after a tweaked back a couple months ago. Felling good, just not quite as strong.

Benching tonight. Last week I got 315 and thought I could get an extra rep but wound up having to dump it

Your weight numbers are impressive, but your cardio is as impressive considering how big and strong a guy you are. I don’t think a lot of people realize how much work it takes to be good at both.

How did dumping 315 go? I’ve had to dump weight on the bench before and it’s not a fun experience.

Your weight numbers are impressive, but your cardio is as impressive considering how big and strong a guy you are. I don’t think a lot of people realize how much work it takes to be good at both.

How did dumping 315 go? I’ve had to dump weight on the bench before and it’s not a fun experience.
    Thanks.

It wasn't bad. I've actually never dumped it while benching before. I was more worried about waking up patients then anything.

Jeebus you guys make me feel like a pussy.

I'll turn 55 in 27days. I work in an insanely (for no good goddamn reason) stressful job and I'm gone from my home 11.5hrs/day minimum M-F. I love weightlifting, started when I was 13 and it's the only form of fitness I've that I've done fairly consistently for the intervening 42yrs. I went through a bodyweight phase, kb's a couple a times, but they never stuck. The only times I wasn't lifting regularly was when I was deep into martial arts in a couple of different eras and leaving every bit of effort I had on the dojo floor.

Unfortunately, my initial training resources were Bill Pearl's book to start followed by a subscription to Muscle & Fitness well into my 20's. I didn't find the truly good-good distro until 2013. Fuck me, I wish I'd known that entire time what Strong Lifts taught me in <3mos. I'd be so much stronger and fit than I am today. That said, I'm still stronger and more muscular than I've ever been. I'm 6' and weighed 233.6lbs on 2 different scales at my blood donation this morning (O+ double red blood cells every time, so yeah, I'm kind of a big deal there).

My power rack and Oly barbell weights are in what some people would think of as the dining room (10' ceilings...knew I was buying the house as soon as I saw that). I get up a little after 4am every M-F and by 5am I'm starting 5 sets of of one exersize:
    M: bench
    T: squat
    W: barbell rows, dead stop each rep
    Th: overhead press
    F: deadlift (usually sumo)

Yesterday's deadlift (mind you I slowly lower my weights onto my floors, but still, kinda meek numbers for this crowd):
    135 x 8
    185 x 5
    205 x 5
    225 x 5
    225 x 5

To be honest, that's been my deadlift workout for probably the last 3 weeks, just haven't felt the oomph to push myself any harder. I've no clue what my 1RM is on any movement and doubt my repeatedly strained/broken/torn/snapped/sutured body would enjoy finding out. In the evenings and weekends, I do do rounds on Beat 'em up Bob, bodyweight squats, pushups, hanging leg raises, whatever or whenever the mood strikes me. I ain't pushing or pulling anything like the numbers ya'll talk about, but my 6yr old son thinks I'm the Hulk and that makes me pretty happy.

Hi,thanks for all the information.Regarding Gun Mutt's training of one main lift per day(something i see in Jim Wendler 531 programs),how does it compare to doing a main lift multiple times(twice)per week?I'm asking too from the perspective of a 66 year old.Thank you.

User Tag List