Page 120 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1722

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Still trying to lose, but basically maintaining (lose for 3 weeks, eat like an asshole for 1 and start over)...
    You may have to “eat like an asshole” some in order to put on some muscle. I know your goal is to lose weight, but I had rather have a little extra fat and strong vs being skinny and weak.

You’ve shown that you can do what you put your mind to, and I bet you could be one of those guys who is both strong and not fat at all.

Good work and keep it up.

I am about to go eat like a crazy man. Italian or Mexican? I can’t decide but it’s a fun problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Getting ready to get back to the grind for the umpteenth time.

I installed a TV in the garage. Still need to drop an extra outlet for it and ditch the extension. Handy for the airdyne bike we got. I also made a wood rack for my weights instead of the tree.

Attachment 79956

I'm going to be building a platform as well, but need a better idea on how to level it. And my rack has a bent foot. I almost hate to put the crummy rack on the platform when it gets built.

Because my ceiling is low I do my OHP seated. I think I have set a bad foundation for form when I started. Can anyone recommend any guides on form for seated OHP?
    While seated I only go down to my chin and use strict form.

Site Supporter
    Started to go to the gym today but I’m still sore from this weekends workout that I might do more harm than good. Soreness alone is no reason not to go to the gym, but I think an extra day of rest might be wise.

Just finished day 1 of #deadcember. Advise, don’t be sick as hell and not lift for weeks then go balls deep into something like this [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else working on Deadcember this year? Day 2 was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    It can be hard to tell, depending on your level of bodyfat, but it wouldn't surprise me if you've put on a couple pounds of muscle while losing fat. It can keep the scale weight the same, but if you notice that pants get a tiny bit more snug in the thigh or butt, but slightly looser in the waist, or that shirts are just a little tighter around the neck/shoulders/chest, that may be what's happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You may have to “eat like an asshole” some in order to put on some muscle. I know your goal is to lose weight, but I had rather have a little extra fat and strong vs being skinny and weak.
    I gained a bit of both, but more fat than lean mass. I was averaging around 165-167 lbs lean mass & 32-34 fat mass the week going into my Ironman 5-6 weeks ago (it ended up being canceled the morning of due to weather) and post Thanksgiving I've averaged around 167-169 lbs lean mass & 36-39 lbs fat mass.

I'm a little bit stronger in the gym and about the same on the bike & swim, but the extra ~6 lbs is surprisingly noticeable when running - especially at my threshold pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Anyone else working on Deadcember this year? Day 2 was good.
    What's Deadcember? I guess not lol...

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post

What's Deadcember? I guess not lol...
    Sorinex sponsors Squatober and Deadcember, where they have a strength coach program the lift for 5 days or so a week, with the aim of showing a PR at the end of the month.

December is always madness for me, but I continually think about doing it in January. It would be rough, doing it outside, but maybe this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Sorinex sponsors Squatober and Deadcember, where they have a strength coach program the lift for 5 days or so a week, with the aim of showing a PR at the end of the month.

December is always madness for me, but I continually think about doing it in January. It would be rough, doing it outside, but maybe this year.
    Yeah, it’s been real. First time trying it and I just came off being pretty sick for a couple weeks. Legs are not appreciative of the zero prep.

Doing some new shit is fun and just working out following someone’s shit. I always do my own programming.

Site Supporter
    Where do you find the Squatober/Deadcember workouts? I’d like to give them a shot after I finish the SS NLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    Where do you find the Squatober/Deadcember workouts? I’d like to give them a shot after I finish the SS NLP.

https://www.instagram.com/squatoberofficial/
    https://www.instagram.com/sorinex_deadcember/

User Tag List