Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

funny to look back and realize I made this thread that many years ago. A lot has changed, including wives, but lifting is still a constant.

Can't wait until this amputated pinky fully heals and I can get back at it.

Cheers gents

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    funny to look back and realize I made this thread that many years ago. A lot has changed, including wives, but lifting is still a constant.

Can't wait until this amputated pinky fully heals and I can get back at it.

Cheers gents
    Lol

Damn dude, what happened to your pinky?
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Lol

Damn dude, what happened to your pinky?
    Broke it really bad, mallet finger with fracture, two surgeries to fix it did not work and left me with a bone infection. Went to a better hospital/surgeon in texas and went with amputation over fusion (once he was in there and saw the infection, amputation was the best and basically only option.)

RFI: Coaching in SE Florida

GoogleFu is taking the day off. Anybody know how to find a powerlifting coach in the area north of Miami and south of Palm Beach?

Thanks in advance,
    Duces
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    GoogleFu is taking the day off. Anybody know how to find a powerlifting coach in the area north of Miami and south of Palm Beach?

Thanks in advance,
    Duces

Specifically power lifting? Maybe a federation has a source?

Hit the big 71 in a few days... did a 260-pound Incline bench press.

Have not done free weight inclines in over 10 years ...left shoulder doesn't mind flat bench, but inclines are another story.
    I usually do smith Machine inclines.

I was going to hold out on my birthday and try a 270-pound incline, but my left shoulder has had enough.

Like to hit a good weight on my birthdays so will rest a few days and try to get 230 pounds for 10 reps or a single with 300 pounds on the flat

I started back doing 135 for 2 reps on the incline took me 20 mins to warm up to bring the bar all the way down to hit my upper chest.
    10 weeks later I was getting 225 for 6 reps.

Considering in the past I did 315 pounds for 10 reps on the incline the thought of repping. 225 did not seem like a big deal ... your mind has a lot to do with getting stronger at any age.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Broke it really bad, mallet finger with fracture, two surgeries to fix it did not work and left me with a bone infection. Went to a better hospital/surgeon in texas and went with amputation over fusion (once he was in there and saw the infection, amputation was the best and basically only option.)
    That sucks.

Site Supporter
    In about 45 minutes-

9-10 x 10 30 lb dumbbell curls

Deadlift

1 x 4-6 reps 365

1 x 3-4 reps 315

1 x 20 reps 225

3 x 5 135 power cleans

Not a ton of stuff, but I was gassed. Actually felt like I might puke but I didn’t. I was already smoked from previous work outs and I had little time to get as much done as I could.

Within striking distance of my 225 lb. goal, deadlift and squat. It's helped to have a few intermediate weights at reps. Today's leg session:
    squat: 1x10/135 lbs, 1x5/165, 2x10/205, 1x10/135, all with decent depth.
    barbell squat: 3x12/115
    hack squat: 3x10/70 don't usually do this but incline press machine busy. Could easily have handled more weight.
    leg extensions: single leg 2x10/130 followed by 2x18/195 two legs to failure
    dumbbell lunges: 2x16/40 lb. dumbbells

Deadlift is similar without the de-load set at end. Plus a bunch of back/bicep accessory stuff.

Couple of months and I should comfortably do 225 both lifts. I'll look to move up a bit from there maybe by lowering reps, maybe sets of 5. Not competing with anyone, but I'd like to see what I can do at my age. Occasionally will see an old guy in the gym using light weight barbells and machines only. In everyday light strong is better than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Within striking distance of my 225 lb. goal, deadlift and squat. It's helped to have a few intermediate weights at reps. Today's leg session:
    squat: 1x10/135 lbs, 1x5/165, 2x10/205, 1x10/135, all with decent depth.
    barbell squat: 3x12/115
    hack squat: 3x10/70 don't usually do this but incline press machine busy. Could easily have handled more weight.
    leg extensions: single leg 2x10/130 followed by 2x18/195 two legs to failure
    dumbbell lunges: 2x16/40 lb. dumbbells

Deadlift is similar without the de-load set at end. Plus a bunch of back/bicep accessory stuff.

Couple of months and I should comfortably do 225 both lifts. I'll look to move up a bit from there maybe by lowering reps, maybe sets of 5. Not competing with anyone, but I'd like to see what I can do at my age. Occasionally will see an old guy in the gym using light weight barbells and machines only. In everyday light strong is better than the alternative.
    If you're doing 205 for 10 the 225 should be cake. I bet you could even rep with 255

User Tag List