Page 122 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Holy Chuck Norris that's badass.

You just need to two micro uzis on leather shoulder rigs to round out the ensemble.

Awesome PR btw.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Welcome to Texas.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  30.2 KB

Onto day 17 of #deadcember, so far it’s been worth it. 12-14hr work days this week and still grinding it out. Been fun doing new workouts or the increased rep ranges.

Seemed crazy at first. But the dude can program that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Onto day 17 of #deadcember, so far it’s been worth it. 12-14hr work days this week and still grinding it out. Been fun doing new workouts or the increased rep ranges.

Seemed crazy at first. But the dude can program that’s for sure.

How do you feel? Is recovery difficult?

Doing that 315 x 20 squats and then rack pulling and deadlifting and just working out too much took it out of me. The other day I couldn't even pull 370 on deadlift. My deadlift is over 400, so I am not sure what was off with me that day, but I was majorly off.

Props to you for sticking with a program like you are, especially with long work days.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you feel? Is recovery difficult?

Doing that 315 x 20 squats and then rack pulling and deadlifting and just working out too much took it out of me. The other day I couldn't even pull 370 on deadlift. My deadlift is over 400, so I am not sure what was off with me that day, but I was majorly off.

Props to you for sticking with a program like you are, especially with long work days.
    Recovery has been surprisingly good. It’s all in his master mind programming. He is using the percentages very well.

Deadlifts are always first in whatever fashion he chooses. Then your next workout varies. But it’s never to the point where you are going too hard at a high percentage of 1rm.

The super sets are also great and never really heavy weights. Except for polar pulls and db rows. Which don’t really take it out of you the next day. Lots of body weight or high rep curls going on.

I came into this very unprepared coming off being sick for a couple weeks and not lifting. The first week was that typical cant walk legs are sore situation. But I just tried my best to keep my form in check and warm the shit out of legs ahead of the workouts.

I think even if you did not want to do this or is not possible for time. Everyone may be able to pick up some good ideas for their own programs just by looking through the workouts on the gram

Site Supporter
    Great mini documentary on old school lifter Paul Anderson. It's worth a watch for anyone, but especially if you appreciate lifting and decent people.

Duly noted! Gonna save this video for sometime when I can cast it to the flat screen.

One day left of #deadcember. It’s been worth every night of training and time I’ve put in. It’s helped me get my mojo back and push myself. I did not magically gain strength in a month. But it’s pushed me to tap into what was there. Get my forms set and learn some new shit. I am happy with where my straight bar deadlift is. I’ve probably went through 5 different feet positions and switched to mixed grip at the end.

I am looking forward to October and December of the coming year. Because by then I will have real data and some big numbers to put up. I encourage anyone to give em a try. Be reasonable in your percentages and what you can do. Don’t just throw big numbers on to be cool. Follow the program and you will not be overstrained.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    One day left of #deadcember. It’s been worth every night of training and time I’ve put in. It’s helped me get my mojo back and push myself. I did not magically gain strength in a month. But it’s pushed me to tap into what was there. Get my forms set and learn some new shit. I am happy with where my straight bar deadlift is. I’ve probably went through 5 different feet positions and switched to mixed grip at the end.

I am looking forward to October and December of the coming year. Because by then I will have real data and some big numbers to put up. I encourage anyone to give em a try. Be reasonable in your percentages and what you can do. Don’t just throw big numbers on to be cool. Follow the program and you will not be overstrained.

Good job, in advance. Any other thoughts you wish to share, feel free.

Site Supporter
    Have any of you ever pushed yourself so hard in them gym, that you have felt "off" several days after that?

Last week, I went crazy. Squatted around 400 pounds (close to my max) three different days, racked pulled heavy, dead lifted heavy, benched and shoulder pressed. Plus some accessory work. 6 or 7 straight days of lifting. While I am use to feeling the "post workout flu", this is lasting longer than normal.

I don't feel terrible, but I feel like I lifted heavy yesterday, even tough I didn't. Legs feel heavy, energy level low, and just the normal feeling after lifting heavy.

Working out with no breaks is not something I normally do, and not something anyone should do. I simply had the opportunity and wanted to push myself. The only gym work I am doing now is accessory work, and I am not planning on deadlifting or squatting till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Have any of you ever pushed yourself so hard in them gym, that you have felt "off" several days after that?

Last week, I went crazy. Squatted around 400 pounds (close to my max) three different days, racked pulled heavy, dead lifted heavy, benched and shoulder pressed. Plus some accessory work. 6 or 7 straight days of lifting. While I am use to feeling the "post workout flu", this is lasting longer than normal.

I don't feel terrible, but I feel like I lifted heavy yesterday, even tough I didn't. Legs feel heavy, energy level low, and just the normal feeling after lifting heavy.

Working out with no breaks is not something I normally do, and not something anyone should do. I simply had the opportunity and wanted to push myself. The only gym work I am doing now is accessory work, and I am not planning on deadlifting or squatting till next week.
    I know the cns thing gets pushed a lot in misinformation. But it’s a real thing. And I also believe that overtraining is a serious problem, but some people who think they are. Are not actually pushing themselves hard enough to be overtraining.

I’d suggest to eat a shit ton and rest. Let your body recover and fuel up. How was your diet during that particular week of training? Or your sleep?

I may be a weirdo. But I don’t like to try 1rm more than once a month. The benefits form it other than saying you did it are just not there for me. So I try to stick to within that 90 percent of max range. Obviously these are just this dudes opinions and we all handle and can recover at our own rates.

User Tag List