Page 137 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1748

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Starting 5/3/1 again tomorrow for the school year. Got a solid plan. Need to do better with meal prep and planning. Any suggestions? I'm 5' 9" and 180. Would like to stay between 175 and 185 but want to hit a good protein level daily
    I cut out all gluten/wheat and peanut butter. I’ve lost weight and maintained strength, maybe even gained some depending on how you look at it. Cutting the gluten and peanut butter has made me feel better over all, especially when it comes to feeling bloated.

Find a good protein shake. Not one that tastes good, but one that you feel ok after drinking and has a lot of protein in it. Right now I’m using a vegan mix. It’s disgusting, but it’s healthy and doesn’t make me feel like crap when I drink it.

Another thing I do is have a little reward. A handful of gummy bears satisfies my sweet tooth and is something to look forward to after a workout.

Listen to guys like 03RN and Robert Mitchum. Also don’t be afraid to put on some weight if doing so makes you feel better and makes you healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Starting 5/3/1 again tomorrow for the school year. Got a solid plan. Need to do better with meal prep and planning. Any suggestions? I'm 5' 9" and 180. Would like to stay between 175 and 185 but want to hit a good protein level daily
    My go-to is to make something like Stan Efferding's Monster Mash: ground meat, fry it up with some veggies thrown in before or after, throw on rice. Spice however you want: if you're feeling lazy, a pack of taco seasoning or onion soup powder is the easy button. I throw a bunch of spinach in to cook with it, and can then add tomatoes, pepper, whatever. Easily done with potatoes or yams, too. Super easy to make in bulk. Chicken or turkey instead of beef or lamb if you want lower fat.

Edit to add: a slow cooker is great, too. Chicken thighs or a tough cut of beef (cheap), a little wine or soy sauce, pineapple juice, or stock, cook it on low until everything falls apart , throw on rice. Add hot sauce of your choosing.

If you are someone who struggles to get in calories, find condiments/sauces you like: BBQ sauce, hot sauce, whatever. Peanut butter, also in powder form. You can put a little olive oil on almost anything.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Just grinding through the reps tonight. I'm just deadlifting tonight due to some elbow tendonitis.
    135x10
    225x10 sumo
    315x10
    405x10
    455x5
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Just grinding through the reps tonight. I'm just deadlifting tonight due to some elbow tendonitis.
    135x10
    225x10 sumo
    315x10
    405x10
    455x5
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    315x5 sumo
    Do you normally use 90 lb increases for your warm up sets? I’m usually increasing mine 40-60 lbs between sets and wonder if I’m doing too many warm up sets.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Do you normally use 90 lb increases for your warm up sets? I’m usually increasing mine 40-60 lbs between sets and wonder if I’m doing too many warm up sets.
    Yup

If I was warming up for either a PR or wanting higher reps with heavier weights I'll do less reps but keep the 90lbs jumps.

Not lifting related but down 6lbs since 07/22. Started a MWF split. Mostly kettle bells, one major compound movement followed by some circuits on the assault bike and row machine.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I am coming up on a full month since testing positive for COVID and the flu. All of my acute symptoms are gone, but I still have a cough that comes and goes and post-exertional malaise (PEM).

The PEM can be pretty intense - even a ten minute walk can leave me feeling cruddy. I haven't been able to squat in four weeks and I'm going nuts with no end in sight.

What have been y'all's experiences training while recovering from COVID? If working out is just going to make me feel like shit, I can deal with it, I just don't want to aggravate the condition and complicate long-term recovery.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I'm about 10 months post-COVID. A bad bout of COVID. I still get winded prematurely BUT my absolute strength came back within 3 months. I adjusted my training accordingly and did only singles, doubles and triples. Across time I increased reps and sets in an attempt to improve stamina. This has been a SLOW process but one that has yielded progress.

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    I'm about 10 months post-COVID. A bad bout of COVID. I still get winded prematurely BUT my absolute strength came back within 3 months. I adjusted my training accordingly and did only singles, doubles and triples. Across time I increased reps and sets in an attempt to improve stamina. This has been a SLOW process but one that has yielded progress.
    Feeling you.

Covid in the house this week. Wicked smokers cough, very tired, Sinus pain but no biggie.

Takes injectable steroids that will kill him. But refuses the Covid vaccine. Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Feeling you.

Covid in the house this week. Wicked smokers cough, very tired, Sinus pain but no biggie.

Takes injectable steroids that will kill him. But refuses the Covid vaccine. Genius
    Covid vaccine doesnt seem to work for this strand anyway. I got it when school started, the other people in the school who got it and gave it to me are vaccinated and had the same or worst symptoms. My mom who is vaccinated and double boosted also got it...

User Tag List