Page 85 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Welp my (fantastic) local gym just closed for the foreseeable future for Covid “curve flattening” reasons. My wife just made me buy a Rogue barbell and bumper plates, she’s on a mission to get a 150%bodyweight deadlift. Should be here by Saturday.

I’m feeling vaguely guilty about the whole thing, like I maneuvered her into it. Hopefully this won’t come out of my firearms budget.

Site Supporter
    I have a very good gym situation, but it’s not a home gym. It’s more unlikely I’ll be affected by this than most gym goers, but it’s not impossible I may lose gym time.

The other day I worked my way up to 365 on dead lift, then dropped down and did 225 for 15, then dropped down and did 50 of 135. Took me a little over 2 1/2 minutes to get the 135 for 50. It was a good workout for me.

I really need to invest in a home gym for a lot of reasons.

I had to take about 2 weeks off from lifting due to illness.

I restarted this morning. I've been doing 531 because it fits my lifestyle well. I restarted with the same training maxs, but moved to the "Boring But Big" version with 5 ascending sets of 10.

I'm happy to have a rack, bar, and weight in the garage. I still really want to improve the floor with a lifting platform and mats. I'd love an assault airdyne bike as well. But that stuff is all a long way down the road.

-Cory

just ordered an iron forged wall mounted cable system and iron master adjustable dumbells after my last tax return. Couldnt be happier with it given whats happening to local gyms right now..

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I had to take about 2 weeks off from lifting due to illness.

I restarted this morning. I've been doing 531 because it fits my lifestyle well. I restarted with the same training maxs, but moved to the "Boring But Big" version with 5 ascending sets of 10.

I'm happy to have a rack, bar, and weight in the garage. I still really want to improve the floor with a lifting platform and mats. I'd love an assault airdyne bike as well. But that stuff is all a long way down the road.

-Cory
    look up pen and paper app training. grab some bands. my girlfriend loves me for it lol

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    look up pen and paper app training. grab some bands. my girlfriend loves me for it lol
    I use an actual pen and spiral notebook. I've seen hizzie post snapshots during squatober, but otherwise never looked at the app. I'll take a gander.

My rack isn't bolted in place, it's a crummy brand flat foot rack. Bands aren't gonna work until I get a decent platform built. And at that point I just need a spare $1K and the rogue website.

-Cory

So for those of us whose gym closed, does anyone have a good “equipment-free” workout program? Where I am getting home gym equipment is completely out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    So for those of us whose gym closed, does anyone have a good “equipment-free” workout program? Where I am getting home gym equipment is completely out of the question.

Can you even get dumbbells or kettle bells?

I'm a novice at best... grain of salt and what not.a

8 count pushups, and burpees. Flutter kicks, mountain climbers, planks.

Thats plenty of pain and sweat with just the old "floor flex". If you need more check out some yoga poses after.

-Cory

Yeah. Pull-ups, overhead presses with something relatively heavy, and squat the heaviest thing you can shoulder in your home. Do that every few days for 30-40 reps indefinitely.

User Tag List