Page 124 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1742

Thread: Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I googled but didn’t spot anything at least in PF….

Anyone have any suggestions for cold weather training? My squat rack is now in a very large cold garage [emoji1]

Space heater to warm the area a bit just to start? Borrow my wife’s hair dryer to warm up the bar? Use gloves? Just suck it up?

Just cotton sweats over my legs and knee sleeves?
    Name:  58EA03F4-B018-4A0E-B106-989917E7366B.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  42.7 KB

I use a kerosene heater in my garage for now. I have an old piece of street sign as a reflector that seems to help. I was looking at a small forced air heater that might heat the space better. I also have some reflectix that I might staple to the wall. I also have a couple layers on my legs and torso, and a hat as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I googled but didn’t spot anything at least in PF….

Anyone have any suggestions for cold weather training? My squat rack is now in a very large cold garage [emoji1]

Space heater to warm the area a bit just to start? Borrow my wife’s hair dryer to warm up the bar? Use gloves? Just suck it up?

Just cotton sweats over my legs and knee sleeves?
    Tsc. 80k convection propane heater. 110$. Works great and feels like a fire when you get by it.

I just start with sweats and strip as I go

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...a?cm_vc=-10005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one of those oil filled electric radiators. If it's zero out my shed gets to almost 30 after a couple hours. If it's in the 20s it gets to about 40.

I'll wear thin OR gloves for most of my lifts untill the weight gets up there then I'll just suck it up.

Just a couple weeks of focusing and my wife is noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Just a couple weeks of focusing and my wife is noticing...
    I know I'm doing well with my diet and routine when my wife starts grabbing my butt and biceps more. Pretty much how I measure success with a program

Got 495 again so it wasn't a fluke.

Slowly getting my old strength back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Tsc. 80k convection propane heater. 110$. Works great and feels like a fire when you get by it.

I just start with sweats and strip as I go

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...a?cm_vc=-10005

Does that stay lit in a bit of a breeze? If I can find room in my truck bed with all the steel target stuff it would be a good upgrade for those really cold practice days.

on my third cycle of 5/3/1. Everything is moving steadily and I feel much stronger. I have added a Nordic bike to our work out equipment. I get bored with cardio easily and needed something interactive to motivate me to do some steady state cardio. I did a recovery ride and it was really enjoyable with the scenery.

A note on 5/3/1: I feel like I have been waiting to find a program like this to open my eyes to steady progression. I always got bogged down in assistance work for bigger arms or chest and have finally broke out of that. I do my main lift (squat, deads, bench, or ohp) and hit my non negotiable assistant lifts: back extensions/glute bridges for lower and dips/pull ups for upper. Then I hammer something I feel like doing. I am really happy with both my strength and muscle gains, I have put on almost 7lbs of muscle between my diet and this program.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Does that stay lit in a bit of a breeze? If I can find room in my truck bed with all the steel target stuff it would be a good upgrade for those really cold practice days.
    I have not had it go out yet. Once it’s lit it seems to keep a pretty good flame. My buddy used it in a enclosed trailer the other night for underwater ice rescue, he had the doors open to the trailer and said it worked great.

Been working 7 days a week and 6-5 Monday through Friday. Was easiest to fit this in middle of week.

1-25-22

Bench-
    3 reps@ 70/75/80/85/90%

Super set1-
    Jm press 3x8
    Ab pull down 3x10
    Planks 3x30 seconds

Super set 2-
    Dumbell flys 3x8
    Push-ups 3x8
    Tricep pull downs 3x8

1-26-22

Yoke bar squats-
    8 reps@ 50/55/60/65%

Super set 1-
    Ab pull downs 3x10
    Barbell Hip thrusts 3x10
    Wall sits 3x20 seconds

Super set 2-
    KB swings 3x10
    Planks 3x30 seconds
    Vert jump weighted 3x5

1-27-22

Axle Strict OHP

Had not used the axle in over a year, so this was a little weird on the reps. Feeling it out again.

3@50% 2@60% 2@70% 2@85% 1@90% 1@95% 15 reps @75%

Super set 1-
    Z-Press 3x5
    Db Curls 3x10
    Back extension 3x10

Super set 2-
    Db ohp 3x10
    Forearm curls 3x10
    Reverse Hyper 3x12

User Tag List