Page 64 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Wooooahhhh. That’s crazy and for some reason I want to try it.

My goal was to hit 315 x 20, but it will have to wait. Going to focus on cardio and climbing the next few weeks in preparation for a hiking trip.
    I’ll wager that if you take some time off and stop going full retard, you already have 315x20 in you. Take a full week off, work up to 315 x 10 next Tuesday, and an easy 225x10 on Friday. Then next next Tuesday put on your big boy pants and you should be there. Nothing else in between.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Holy shit dudes, y'all are manimals.

Today was squats for me and my bro. Less impressive numbers on my end, but I did 3x100 3x120 and then 8x135 then followed it with 5 sets of 10 reps at 75lbs.

Weirdly, my right knee cap gets this sharp pain when descending. Not all of the time though. Probably need to warm up a little better or sharpen up my form somewhat.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I too have pain in my right knee only. It’s fucky for a reason so I avoid heavy squats. Strangely enough, I can run hard (sprints and distance) without pain. Maybe a beefier backside would improve my knee pain during squats.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Completion of the required reps in the shortest time possible.
    Yeah, no shit.

I guess from your flippant response you know what I’m getting at. If your workout doesn’t have a purpose or can’t get your closer to whatever your goals may be, then maybe don’t do it and do something about that will help you reach your goal.

That workout sounds pretty pointless except as a gutcheck (and you can find plenty of safer gutchecks) and has a lot of potential to be detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Yeah, no shit.

I guess from your flippant response you know what I’m getting at. If your workout doesn’t have a purpose or can’t get your closer to whatever your goals may be, then maybe don’t do it and do something about that will help you reach your goal.

That workout sounds pretty pointless except as a gutcheck (and you can find plenty of safer gutchecks) and has a lot of potential to be detrimental.
    Well you asked the question. It was a gut check. That was the purpose. Safe gut checks???
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Yeah, no shit.

Hizzie is a solid lifter. He and @txdpd are two guys I would pay attention to when it comes to lifting. What Hizzie did makes sense to me. He’s not saying you should do it all the time, or even do it at all. Just that it was mental / physical challenge for him.

Txdpd, I should have taken your advice and not done 20 rep squats 3 times a week. Doing that while doing other workouts and lots of manual labor on my days off kicked my candy ass.

So I’m going to listen and not squat till next week and then give your advice a try.

@TheNewbie Thanks Bro. It’s been a while. I disappeared from this thread due to multiple issues. It was actually the 2018 Squatober that got me consistent in the gym again.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    @TheNewbie Thanks Bro. It’s been a while. I disappeared from this thread due to multiple issues. It was actually the 2018 Squatober that got me consistent in the gym again.

Thank you.

How wicked is Squatober?

I’m going to try Txdpd’s advice, and go for 315 x 20 in two weeks. Then I’m going to try the bodyweight x 50.

After that I’ll go back to focusing on DLs. Jumping around is probably not the most effective , but it keeps me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you.

How wicked is Squatober?

I’m going to try Txdpd’s advice, and go for 315 x 20 in two weeks. Then I’m going to try the bodyweight x 50.

After that I’ll go back to focusing on DLs. Jumping around is probably not the most effective , but it keeps me interested.
    Not as bad as it sounds. Frequency is just another training variable like more weight or higher reps, you can adapt to it. Shoot me your email addy.

Changing focus is good. Allows time to mentally recover and helps prevent overuse injuries.
    Last edited by Hizzie; 05-29-2019 at 02:05 PM.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Did some grip work and squats, then decided to do a little deadlifting with the axle. I couldn't quite lock out 275.

I'm not sure if it was the lack of straps in grip training and my cns was fried, the lack of good floor connection because of the Birkies, or my unbraced core from the tapered belt. My thumbs aren't up to the task and/or I needed some chalk. Have fun and don't get bogged down in the minutia of the experts.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Nice lifts but that’s a fashion felony.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List