Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Decided to try something awful yesterday. Body weight (205) deadlifts x 100 for time. I managed to get it done in 8:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Decided to try something awful yesterday. Body weight (205) deadlifts x 100 for time. I managed to get it done in 8:58.
    What were you trying to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    What were you trying to accomplish?
    Completion of the required reps in the shortest time possible.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    That’s awesome! Man you are a solid lifter for sure.

So I’m killing 20 rep squats this week. I’ll go for 275 x 20 Wednesday or Thursday but I’m done after that. Maybe I’m just an over dramatic sissy (I’m serious, I may be) but they are really affecting me outside the gym. Trying to do clean up and work on an old house combined with 20 rep squats 3 times a week is not fun. I don’t mind being sore or the pain, but this feels different.

However, I’m going to see how long it takes me to do 100 body weight deadlifts.

Thanks. I’m just a shadow of my former self. My best rep effort on squats was 315x25 years ago. Dan John has a BW x 50 squat challenge. It’s no joke. I think my best was 205x46.

If you love squats you gotta check out Aaron Ausmus’s Squatober programs. 2018 was my first introduction to him. Deadcember is no joke either. https://penandpaperstrengthapp.store/collections/all
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Thanks. I’m just a shadow of my former self. My best rep effort on squats was 315x25 years ago. Dan John has a BW x 50 squat challenge. It’s no joke. I think my best was 205x46.

If you love squats you gotta check out Aaron Ausmus’s Squatober programs. 2018 was my first introduction to him. Deadcember is no joke either. https://penandpaperstrengthapp.store/collections/all
    Wooooahhhh. That’s crazy and for some reason I want to try it.

My goal was to hit 315 x 20, but it will have to wait. Going to focus on cardio and climbing the next few weeks in preparation for a hiking trip.

Site Supporter
    Holy shit dudes, y'all are manimals.

Today was squats for me and my bro. Less impressive numbers on my end, but I did 3x100 3x120 and then 8x135 then followed it with 5 sets of 10 reps at 75lbs.

Weirdly, my right knee cap gets this sharp pain when descending. Not all of the time though. Probably need to warm up a little better or sharpen up my form somewhat.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Heavy squats for 20’s is cardio.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Holy shit dudes, y'all are manimals.

Today was squats for me and my bro. Less impressive numbers on my end, but I did 3x100 3x120 and then 8x135 then followed it with 5 sets of 10 reps at 75lbs.

Weirdly, my right knee cap gets this sharp pain when descending. Not all of the time though. Probably need to warm up a little better or sharpen up my form somewhat.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Squatting is good period. So bueno trabajo!

@Hizzie

Did you ever try the Dan John how many dead lifts in 30 minutes challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Squatting is good period. So bueno trabajo!

@Hizzie

Did you ever try the Dan John how many dead lifts in 30 minutes challenge?
    Nope. I gotta find that one.

EDIT:

Found it. https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...lift-challenge
    Last edited by Hizzie; 05-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List