Page 115 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1742

Thread: Weight Lifting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    What @TheNewbie writes.

Personal Experience: Early on I was suitcasing half my body weight for a furlong and feeling quite pleased. I then stumbled on to something by Mike Prevost (https://www.strongfirst.com/the-kettlebell-mile/).

Now in the second iteration, each weekday I carry 30% of bodyweight (again, suitcase carry) for one mile. Weight walking has been revelatory for me. As a personal testament, the kettlebell mile is very close to the perfect minimalist program. Add some kind of upper-body push (overhead press, pushups / bench press, or dips) and there you are.
    I did the kettlebell mile this morning. I really liked it as my HR stayed in the zone for LSD work almost the entire mile. Another benefit is that my shoulders, which I have issues with, feel great, even now four hours later. Think of doing a long dead hang or inversion table session. They actually feel better than that.

Site Supporter
    Roy, are you staring at a point on the ceiling and pushing the bar towards that point? That approach helped me.
    This definitely was helpful. Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    I did the kettlebell mile this morning. I really liked it as my HR stayed in the zone for LSD work almost the entire mile. Another benefit is that my shoulders, which I have issues with, feel great, even now four hours later. Think of doing a long dead hang or inversion table session. They actually feel better than that.
    Did it yesterday as a finisher after weights. 24kg bell 21 minutes. I really liked it and this will become a staple. My back feels fabulous today.

Site Supporter
    Tried to rack pull 430 yesterday. Body weight of around 180, and I had just finished OHP and Squatting 365 x 3. All this was done in about 45 minutes.

Did I pull it? Nope, but I farted while trying.

Dropped down and did 405.

Site Supporter
    How would the kettlebell mile compare to heavy walking lunges, or even heavy weights on your back?

What I do right now is I will clean 125, and then OHP into a behind the neck press, and put it on my back as if I am going to squat. Then I walk with that.

Site Supporter
    OHP, then squatted and hit 375 x 2 and then 315 x 8. Rack pulled 405 x 2 after that. Rack pulls are mainly because I’m lazy and I’m already set up in the rack for OHP and Squats.

@0ddl0t

How is strength training going for you?

Site Supporter
    Roy, are you staring at a point on the ceiling and pushing the bar towards that point? That approach helped me.
    I'm up 30 pounds on the bench in the last 2 weeks. Still some unsteadiness but much less. The weight is still not the problem as I'm doing sets of 12 reps, still. If anyone tells you that "bench press" on the gym equipment is "just like" free weights, it's ok to laugh.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I somehow just realized this thread existed - I'll occasionally be adding in some lifts.

I did pause deadlifts (1 second pause off floor) on Tuesday, was able to hit a PR at 510lbs x 1. I train conjugate so I use a lot of variations. I'm still weak AF but hoping to compete in my first powerlifting meet by this time next year. My main goal is to deadlift 600lbs in my first meet. My squat and bench suck too but are slowly getting better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I did pause deadlifts (1 second pause off floor) on Tuesday, was able to hit a PR at 510lbs x 1.

I'm still weak AF
    Remind me not to get you angry.

User Tag List