Page 146 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

I've used a (black) Rogue dip belt for over a decade. Only problem was a brief period when the dye would transfer from the belt to my exercise shirt. Once the excess dye wore off there were no further issues.

If ya'll ever decide to use a purpose-made dip belt, this link is available.
    https://powerliftingtechnique.com/be...belts/#dipbelt

Duces

@Cory, that's exactly how I use mine. For me, I found the portability of it a huge bonus. I was carting it to and from the gym, then work, then home. Lighter and quieter than chains.

Even brought it travelling a few times. TSA doesn't get weird. You can usually find a place to do a few pullups, and you'll provide entertainment with an odd selection of scavenged things hanging off your waist.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

I was stuck at 495x3 last year for a while.

Got 4 tonight
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I was stuck at 495x3 last year for a while.

Got 4 tonight

I’m lucky to get 405 x 1! lol

That is impressive lifting, truly impressive stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m lucky to get 405 x 1! lol

That is impressive lifting, truly impressive stuff.
    Thanks. Feels good getting back my old strength. Not sure I'll really ever get much bigger/stronger then I am right now.

Pulled 455x8 tonight. Squatting consistently seems to be helping

Site Supporter
    Pulled 455x8 tonight. Squatting consistently seems to be helping
    Squatting and Deadlifting compliment, and increase performance, of each lift. I would say that they actually do more for every other kind of lift as well.

455 x 8 is a really impressive. As much as I hate deadlifting (I hate lifting weights in general, but I make myself do it), if I could only do one exercise, it would be the deadlift.

On Saturday, I squatted 385 x 1 and on Monday, I deadlifted 385 x 2 (well almost 2 lol). The week before I squatted 405 x 1 and almost pulled 405 on the deadlift, but the overly thin bar rolled out of my hands before I could fully extend. The thin bar feels better, but a bigger bar is actually better for lifting. At least for me.

It's nothing compared to what you are doing, but I am happy with it for weighing around 170 pounds.

What does your squat routine look like?

Squatting and Deadlifting compliment, and increase performance, of each lift. I would say that they actually do more for every other kind of lift as well.

455 x 8 is a really impressive. As much as I hate deadlifting (I hate lifting weights in general, but I make myself do it), if I could only do one exercise, it would be the deadlift.

On Saturday, I squatted 385 x 1 and on Monday, I deadlifted 385 x 2 (well almost 2 lol). The week before I squatted 405 x 1 and almost pulled 405 on the deadlift, but the overly thin bar rolled out of my hands before I could fully extend. The thin bar feels better, but a bigger bar is actually better for lifting. At least for me.

It's nothing compared to what you are doing, but I am happy with it for weighing around 170 pounds.

What does your squat routine look like?
    Lifting 4 plates at 170 is awesome. I think you'd really need to focus on 4k calories a day to grow more than that.

I just started squatting 6 weeks ago.
    My first week back was like 5 sets of 10 with 225. Next week 275. Next week 315 for
    135x10
    225x10
    275x10
    315x6 for 2 sets
    315x4
    Then something similar working to 365. Then the next week indie 405 for a double.

Just squatting for now. No leg accessory work.

Site Supporter
    Lifting 4 plates at 170 is awesome. I think you'd really need to focus on 4k calories a day to grow more than that.

I just started squatting 6 weeks ago.
    My first week back was like 5 sets of 10 with 225. Next week 275. Next week 315 for
    135x10
    225x10
    275x10
    315x6 for 2 sets
    315x4
    Then something similar working to 365. Then the next week indie 405 for a double.

Just squatting for now. No leg accessory work.

True. I was a little heavier a while back, and a tad stronger, but I just feel better lighter. It’s possible, I suppose, to eat clean 4K a day and put on some good muscle with minimal body fat, but that will be harder than the workouts. TRT is not something I’m really interested in either, though I get why people go that route.

How much are you eating a day?

I’ll be interested to see where your squat routine goes. Your other lifts/cardio are 1% stuff. At least for “the average guy” world of lifting.

My best squat is 315 x 20, but no eat my depth was as good as when I do 225 while warming up. lol

True. I was a little heavier a while back, and a tad stronger, but I just feel better lighter. It’s possible, I suppose, to eat clean 4K a day and put on some good muscle with minimal body fat, but that will be harder than the workouts. TRT is not something I’m really interested in either, though I get why people go that route.

How much are you eating a day?

I’ll be interested to see where your squat routine goes. Your other lifts/cardio are 1% stuff. At least for “the average guy” world of lifting.

My best squat is 315 x 20, but no eat my depth was as good as when I do 225 while warming up. lol
    My diet is pretty substandard. I don't track anything. I get 50gr/protein for 4 meals plus a protein shake. I then have some carbs but probably just 40gr/meal. I typically get 2-3 serving of fruit/veggies a day. I'm guessing my calorie count is around 3k. Just from an educated guess. I only drink on my days off and I'm thinking about cutting that by about half for a few weeks to see what happens.

If I add anything in it's like a chicken skewer from 7/11.

I haven't really thought about trt either. Im 38 and don't have a Dr and don't really feel like starting that process.

4k clean calories is hard. I topped out a 5k and wound up taking a long break from lifting after that. The eating was the hardest part.

User Tag List