Page 75 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Nice, but I really need to get me a tire for good ol' flips. Those are fun and a good workout.
    I love a 100 rep count of tire flips

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I love a 100 rep count of tire flips

I dead lifted last night after walking in the heat all day. I should have been able to get 365 for a few reps, but barely got one. I didn't want to be in the gym, and I never enjoy doing dead lifts, even though I do them every week.

Tire flips are a different story. They can be hard, but also fun and motivating.

I bet you are SMOKED after 100 reps.

I dead lifted last night after walking in the heat all day. I should have been able to get 365 for a few reps, but barely got one. I didn't want to be in the gym, and I never enjoy doing dead lifts, even though I do them every week.

Tire flips are a different story. They can be hard, but also fun and motivating.

I bet you are SMOKED after 100 reps.
    Indeed.

I try to beat my best time when I do it.

9:08:99 with the tire I currently have

Nice, but I really need to get me a tire for good ol' flips. Those are fun and a good workout.
    If you have a truck or buddy with a truck, commercial tire you places usually give tires away (they get to pocket the disposal fee). Radials are usually heavier than bias ply of the same size. Radials tend to be more square at the edges and if you use the driving method, they are easier to setup on and get a little more bite. If you’re just lifting it, be mindful that you’re hands are double suppinated and your biceps are vulnerable to injury.

If you get a radial check it for loose wires before you start flipping.

A 23.5r25 that weighs 400-500 would be a good starting point for high rep flips. Same size in the 600-750 would be good for low reps.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

New deadlift PR @ 385 today

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Deadlifted 300 today. My last rep I got so light headed I quickly took a knee and was able to keep from blacking out.

Why did this happen? Is it bad, and how do I prevent from having it happen again?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Deadlifted 300 today. My last rep I got so light headed I quickly took a knee and was able to keep from blacking out.

Why did this happen? Is it bad, and how do I prevent from having it happen again?
    Most likely just a lack of oxygen to the brain due to a drop in blood pressure. Especially of you're holding your breath or doing the valsalva, and especially if your breathing into your chest instead of your belly, and especially if instead of bracing your trying to push out an MRE turd while holding our breath. A lot of it's just going to be practice on figuring out how much bracing/breath holding you can do. Generally what I see in beginning lifters is that they just take too much time getting setup after they take their big breath before the lift, you should be pulling within two seconds of taking that breath.

I'm not a doctor, there's always that off chance you have a medical condition, if you think it's medical issue see a medical professional. The fainting part isn't really a problem, the falling on stuff is.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    Most likely just a lack of oxygen to the brain due to a drop in blood pressure. Especially of you're holding your breath or doing the valsalva, and especially if your breathing into your chest instead of your belly, and especially if instead of bracing your trying to push out an MRE turd while holding our breath. A lot of it's just going to be practice on figuring out how much bracing/breath holding you can do. Generally what I see in beginning lifters is that they just take too much time getting setup after they take their big breath before the lift, you should be pulling within two seconds of taking that breath.

I'm not a doctor, there's always that off chance you have a medical condition, if you think it's medical issue see a medical professional. The fainting part isn't really a problem, the falling on stuff is.
    This is as good a medical explanation as any.

The valsalva maneuver is responsible for many a seasoned weightlifter fainting like a goat after a lift. The massive increase in intrathoracic pressure closed off the vessels that return blood to the heart lowering cardiac output (especially if held for too long). Cardiac output is Stroke Volume x Heart rate.

Problem is this...such an increase in pressure stimulates the vagus nerve, which causes the heart rate to drop. So now you have low stroke volume and low HR and your brain shuts off until the body gets back into the swing of things

It's mostly benign unless you have a bad heart. More than a few people have died on the shitter because they pushed too hard with an old ticker.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    So it’s a light weight week for me.

Today I started off with squats. I got 185 for 35 reps in just over 2 minutes. Really should have pushed out 50.

15 more at 185 , then 50 (not at once) of 135.

Finished with working my way through 100 reps of OP just using the bar. Quick workout today.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 08-18-2019 at 03:55 PM.

School started last week. was a crazy week and I missed a few work outs.

Heading into this week with a new strong lifts 5x5 plan to prep for squatober. here we go boys

User Tag List