Page 106 of 175 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

been messing with the 5/3/1 the past month and started my official week 1 of cycle 1 last week. Still early on obviously but using his book, I have really got a good base for some major strength gains in the next few years. Program is no bs, simple, and gives me a goal everytime I lift and a monthly goal. I feel like this is what I was missing as I kept losing interest and no metrics to gauge increases in strength. Now that I am 30 I really want to focus less on "cosmetic lifts" and focus on the four big compound movements and accessory exercises that help that growth.

We will see what this next year brings but with this program I am excited to lift again and always find time (which is hard with 4 kids, a wife, a career, and a home) to fit in the hour I need 4-6 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    been messing with the 5/3/1 the past month and started my official week 1 of cycle 1 last week. Still early on obviously but using his book, I have really got a good base for some major strength gains in the next few years. Program is no bs, simple, and gives me a goal everytime I lift and a monthly goal. I feel like this is what I was missing as I kept losing interest and no metrics to gauge increases in strength. Now that I am 30 I really want to focus less on "cosmetic lifts" and focus on the four big compound movements and accessory exercises that help that growth.

We will see what this next year brings but with this program I am excited to lift again and always find time (which is hard with 4 kids, a wife, a career, and a home) to fit in the hour I need 4-6 times a week.
    Those 4 big compound lifts will do more for cosmetic results than anything else.

Pulled 405x9 last night. I was close to 10 but my legs were not 100% after a 9 mile run pushing a stroller 2 days prior.

Next week Ill get my 10 reps and then move on to 455 untill I can get it for 10.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Pulled 405x9 last night. I was close to 10 but my legs were not 100% after a 9 mile run pushing a stroller 2 days prior.

Next week Ill get my 10 reps and then move on to 455 untill I can get it for 10.

You may be on the most impressive lifters I've read. Outside of the full time or pro guys. Awesome stuff.

The ability you have to run that far and also lift heavy weights is what impresses me the most.

Last Saturday I did OHP, DL, Bench, and Squats. Moderate rep range and moderate weight. Was pretty spent after that.

Tuesday I did 100 reps of barbell rows 95 pounds, 100 chin ups, 100 dips, 70 stiff leg deadlifts at 95 pounds, 30 clean and presses x 95 pounds, 100 tricep push down, probably 60 arnold presses, and 100 reps of the chest fly machine. No heavy weights, but it was a "good" workout.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You may be on the most impressive lifters I've read. Outside of the full time or pro guys. Awesome stuff.

The ability you have to run that far and also lift heavy weights is what impresses me the most.

Last Saturday I did OHP, DL, Bench, and Squats. Moderate rep range and moderate weight. Was pretty spent after that.

Tuesday I did 100 reps of barbell rows 95 pounds, 100 chin ups, 100 dips, 70 stiff leg deadlifts at 95 pounds, 30 clean and presses x 95 pounds, 100 tricep push down, probably 60 arnold presses, and 100 reps of the chest fly machine. No heavy weights, but it was a "good" workout.
    Thanks man. Ive had a fascination with fitness since I was a kid. My mom opened a gym when I was 8. I had started karate at six, wrestling a little later, then powerlifting, then the Marines, then commercial fishing. Everything has forced me to want strength and endurance.

It's always been relatively easy. Now that im a nurse I really have to focus on the process.

I absolutely hate going to the gym, but I do enjoy working out.

With all the gym closures in our state last year he gave me the opportunity to reconsider how I wanted to work out. I ended up purchasing a Tonal machine in late October, but due to the high demand I didn’t get it until the end of January.

I must say that this is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I enjoy the programs, I enjoyed ability to do specific exercises, and enjoy accountability since it hangs on the wall in my office. So I see it every day.

I don’t follow a strict diet, as that is not my concern in regards to losing weight, but I am reshaping my body and in the process have dropped about 10 lbs.

6’8” and 253 right now and if I were to get to to 240 I would be pleased.

Great machine.

Pulled my 405x10. Im feeling good about getting my old strength back.

Next week we'll see what i can do with 455. Should be 3-5

Hammertime

Beast. I would have loved to pull that once, once in my life. I'll just be sitting over here with my 195X10...

Well done!

Site Supporter

405x10 is simply impressive. Excellent work.

405x2 is the best I have ever done, probably in any category of weightlifting.

Just excellent work, I can't tell you how impressed I am. Those reps would be impressive alone, but combined with you cardio and running, it's even better. Makes me feel wimpy bragging, or complaining, about how my workouts go!

Are you back to squatting?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    405x10 is simply impressive. Excellent work.

405x2 is the best I have ever done, probably in any category of weightlifting.

Just excellent work, I can't tell you how impressed I am. Those reps would be impressive alone, but combined with you cardio and running, it's even better. Makes me feel wimpy bragging, or complaining, about how my workouts go!

Are you back to squatting?
    N?ot yet, i might do a few weeks of heavy lunges before I try to squat. My knee is feeling good right now

Back to why I like to be fit.

Tonight a code blue was called. I work on a mountain and had to sprint a quarter mile up hill with a 30lbs jump kit on my back. I left everyone in the dust and had vitals started before anyone else showed up.

I had done 3 miles of hill work this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Beast. I would have loved to pull that once, once in my life. I'll just be sitting over here with my 195X10...

Well done!
    Its a journey. I grew up in the shade of some very big men.

This was my mentor in high school

User Tag List