Page 147 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1749

Thread: Weight Lifting

Working on my squat volume.

Warmed up to 365x6 then 3 sets of 2 @ 405. I think I'm just going to increase sets for a while
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Just getting back into weightlifting, and I'm finding that at age 46, my lower back needs a little help. I've never used a weightlifting belt before. What do I need to know to pick out a good one?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    Just getting back into weightlifting, and I'm finding that at age 46, my lower back needs a little help. I've never used a weightlifting belt before. What do I need to know to pick out a good one?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    Always a great resource: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/the-belt-bible/
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Working on my squat volume.

Warmed up to 365x6 then 3 sets of 2 @ 405. I think I'm just going to increase sets for a while

How much a you resting between sets?

I think I spend too much time working at my top number, which can often take a lot longer than expected to recover from. I hit 365 x 3 (well the last rep was weak) yesterday.

It's going to be fun to see where you take your squat. With your strength level, I bet it will be super impressive in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How much a you resting between sets?

I think I spend too much time working at my top number, which can often take a lot longer than expected to recover from. I hit 365 x 3 (well the last rep was weak) yesterday.

It's going to be fun to see where you take your squat. With your strength level, I bet it will be super impressive in no time.
    Good job on the 365.

Rest was minimal. Since I'm just squatting recovery time isn't really a concern. If I start doing lunges that will change lol.

I'm not sure how high I'll try to go. Once it warms up I'll be running a lot more.

Site Supporter
    385 x 2 and 315 x 10. Not bad for being in a gym that is over 7k feet in elevation.

Weights felt like normal weights, but I noticed the lifting more so in the oxygen department (obviously). It felt as if I got tired a bit quicker.

I think I had 1-3 more reps of 385 in me, but the gym was small, busy, the rack sucked, and I haven’t lifted at this altitude in years. Didn’t want to go to pass out city and hurt someone innocent.

Fun experience though. El solo gringo en el gymnasio.

Pretty decent back workout tonight.

Deadlifts
    135x10
    225x10
    315x*10
    365x15
    365x11
    365x9

Pullup*s
    5x5 going slow

Pulldowns
    5 sets of max reps with 120lbs

If ya'll don't mine a slight diversion, I need some gun related weight lifting advice.

I'm 64, 5'6", lightly active, and rejoined a local Planet Fitness in February. I went from 180/32" waist to 195/36" waist last fall due to too many Patty Melts on vacation, which pissed me off. I'm a month in to my new program. They don't have barbells, so I have to make do with what they have e.g. Smith's (I realize this is sub optimal.). Averaging 3X a week. Most every time I go, I take my Ruger LCR in a Dark Star clip-on for a rule 1 gun.

My question is this: I'd really like to transition from the LCR to my P365, for "everything", because:reasons. I have a solution to carry the P365 in every other situation except the gym, in one specific circumstance: When I do squats, the square profile of the rear of the slide on the P365 AIWB digs into my middle more than I'd like. If I use the LCR, the rounded top of the revolver allows more space, and is much more comfortable. Everything else I do at the gym I can manage the P365.

Am I missing anything obvious, in terms of carry options, doing squats, with a semi-auto? Or is it just something I have to live with if I decide to carry the P365 instead of the LCR? I've previously used a fanny pack (did not like; it is just dorky and in the way. And the draw sucks. And I might as well wear a sign that says "I am a retired guy with a gun".). Pocket carry is not really feasible in gym shorts. I also mocked up an "Enigma" using an old web belt and placed the gun under my shorts, but it did not sit well with me. I'd really just rather carry in the gym AIWB like I do the rest of the time.

Appreciate any suggestions here if I'm missing something.

@ RJ

Can you arrange to carry the pistol a little lower? When I had a similar issue, deeper carry was the solution.

Duces

User Tag List