Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building Competent Consistency

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I have to be willing to give up some consistency to push boundaries for growth. But I think it's important to know where that boundary lies.
    Very much this. And it ain't just you, it's everyone. Improving performance requires you to push yourself.

If you only ever draw and fire two shots into an 8" circle at 7 yards at a 2.0sec. pace, you will never, ever get any faster.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    One thing that I think I have identified as a root part of the differences of opinion I've seen on this subject is whether consistency is one aspect of an overall range of performance/skill level that includes highs and lows (meaning that higher levels of consistency would be associated with higher high points), or if consistency is something separate and distinct from the highs and lows of given shooter.
    I would think consistency is the over riding "1st principle" among those other aspects. Because until a performance level is deliverable consistently, what is the high but a fluke or an occasionally repeating fluke? So whatever boundaries are pushed, they are "nice" until they are consistent. Then they are who you are.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-08-2015 at 09:25 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List