Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MRO vs. RMR for carbine?

MRO vs. RMR for carbine?

Anyone have any expierence with the Trigicon MRO and/or RMR? If so, which would be most likely to work for tired old eyes?

I have an MRO, and really like it so far. Compared to an Aimpoint H1 I used to have; 2moa dot pretty much looks the same, the increased field of view and adjustment knob on top are a plus, don't have any cons yet. However, I can't say anything about old eyes, as I'm only in my early 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I have an MRO, and really like it so far. Compared to an Aimpoint H1 I used to have; 2moa dot pretty much looks the same, the increased field of view and adjustment knob on top are a plus, don't have any cons yet. However, I can't say anything about old eyes, as I'm only in my early 30's.
    Thanks, I just looked at one in a LGS, I like what I saw. Is yours on a carbine? If so, what mount did you use and is it absoulote co-witness or lover 1/3 co-witness? Is $410 plus tax a good price?

Yeah, $410 is a good price. I paid $535 overnighted with a Trijicon absolute mount. I have mine on a carbine I've been building.

Nice. I like the furniture.

I just saw a MRO Saturday. The dot to my eyes was vastly better than the Aimpoints, Eotechs, other RMRs, I've tried. It's the 1st RDS I've seriously considered.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I just saw a MRO Saturday. The dot to my eyes was vastly better than the Aimpoints, Eotechs, other RMRs, I've tried. It's the 1st RDS I've seriously considered.
    Woah, really? I may have to take a better look at it..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Woah, really? I may have to take a better look at it..
    To expand I've just a small astigmatism but T1 dots look like a 12moa stripe at 100 yds. Eotech highly starburst pixillated. RMR like the Eotech but not quite as much. The MRO like a legit dot, barely pixillated at all. I've heard better eyes see a perfect dot.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    To expand I've just a small astigmatism but T1 dots look like a 12moa stripe at 100 yds. Eotech highly starburst pixillated. RMR like the Eotech but not quite as much. The MRO like a legit dot, barely pixillated at all. I've heard better eyes see a perfect dot.
    I was hesitant to even consider one because I didn't really care for my h1 but you may of just changed my mind.

To the original question, the MRO is the superior optic for a carbine on paper, as it has an enclosed emitter and is cheaper than the RMR.

The only problem for me is that in the two MROs I've handled, there is noticeable distortion (magnification?) in the sight picture, more so than with the RMR, which already has some; my Aimpoint T1 exhibits no noticeable distortion, FWIW. I do agree that the dot is round and well-defined; I use corrective lenses (not sure if I have astigmatism in my right eye, if I do, it's quite mild, as my prescription only has toric lenses on my left eye), and the T1 looks like a comma, though the RMR is also nice and round.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 10-08-2015 at 10:16 AM.

User Tag List