Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer Legion Series

SIG Sauer Legion Series

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I'm a fan of the pistol. Everything else is just silly.
    I'm considering buying the pistol just to get the Winkler knife!... And I mean that, no $hit!
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 10-06-2015 at 09:21 PM.

If one had to choose between one of these and a GGI sig, which one? Or would you buy one of these and then send it to GGI for the ultimate gat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    If one had to choose between one of these and a GGI sig, which one? Or would you buy one of these and then send it to GGI for the ultimate gat?
    I can't offer a comparison, because I've yet to handle a Legion. However, I can say you won't be disappointed with a GGI tweaked SIG. The Legion looks like it offers some things not found on standard SIGs, and possibly not easily duplicated, such as the undercut trigger guard.

GGI has been pretty involved the last year or so with SIG and I'm fairly certain this line of guns is the result.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'd have to see the sights in person to know whether or not I'd like them...but I don't like most 3 dot setups so I probably wouldn't.

I'm not sure the Sigs need a beavertail, to be honest.

I'm not really a fan of fronstrap and trigger guard checkering, personally...nor of forward slide serrations.

The trigger stuff would be nice, as would the lower profile slide release. Grips that actually have a contact patch high up on the left-hand side of the gun would also be wonderful so I would have to stick grip tape to it. So there are certainly some worthwhile features there that would make me consider one...perhaps sufficiently to ignore the features I don't like.

I've been pondering a P229 lately because EL and SLG are evil, evil men.

The case you can register to get looks pretty cool...and the challenge coin doesn't bother me.

...but "Legion" logo accessories available only to people who buy the gun and join the club? Really?

This may be the greatest marketing success since Glock managed to sell police departments a plastic-framed gun with no manual safety that requires a trigger pull to disassemble, but count me out. I'd rather just buy a normal gun and have it customized.
    3/15/2016

I'm new, obviously, but is there a typo here?

"These enhancements maximize the user’s accuracy potential, while increasing their split times between shots"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2....C3i6IZvS.dpuf

Gun looks pretty cool. I looked at Sigs for a bit before buying my M&P in 2013, but (for me) I wanted a simpler pistol.

It's funny, seems like gunmakers are doing much more cosmetic updates, these days, to differentiate their products in the market space. Smith and Wesson's new ghastly "carbon fiber" finishes, come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

I'm not sure the Sigs need a beavertail, to be honest.
    Agreed. I had a P229 Scorpion a while back that rejuvenated my faith in Sigs... but that huge duckbill thing just got in the way (of thumbing the hammer during re-holstering) and was a general PITA.

Still, I wish I had kept that pistol. My "soft spot" for DA/SA pistols never really went away, and HK's version of that is almost always pretty miserable.

And while I occasionally still contemplate getting yet another P228 or P229 for nostalgia's sake... this Legion pistol ain't it.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The giant beavertail is what kept me from buying an elite. I'm hoping this abbreviated beavertail isn't such a big deal.

From what I can tell from the above links, all that's included from GrayGuns is their new, yet to be released, drop-in adjustable trigger (P-SAIT). I'm not sure how much they're asking for their new trigger, but I think the previous version (P-SPIT) was about $50. That alone doesn't seem like much of a value add.
    David S.

As someone else said, marketing aside, it seems like a sweet spot between the standard lineup and the entry level X-Series.

For me, the Trijicon HD knock-off sight, low profile P224 controls, and Grayguns trigger definitely add some value over the standard P-Series. I want to add them to my standard P226s. Right now.

The other "functional" upgrades like checkering, beavertail, undercutting, metal guide rod, etc. I think they add legitimate value for the right people, I don't know if it's for me.

The lifestyle marketing. Not my bag at all. . . but I'm sure it will sell a ton of guns. Good on them.

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by David S.; 10-07-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    David S.

User Tag List