Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer Legion Series

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I can't say anything about the Legion, haven't handled one yet. IME will a small sample of P239s, they tend to have the best DA triggers of any of the classic P series.
    + 1

That was my experience when comparing my pre Cohen P239 and the 229 that I had of the same vintage. I've shot some, but not a ton of Sigs and the 239 was the best outta the box of those I tried. That would be very interesting if this new Legion pistol is even better than that.
    Last edited by SamAdams; 10-12-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It looks and feels like the beaver tail on these is cut higher than the elite as well as being shorter. There is also an "high grip" undercut at the junction of the front strap and the trigger guard.
    Ah gotcha, it wasn't clear if they just trimmed the existing elite one or did my work. The stainless elites are undercut as well, love mine.

A buddy of mine carries the 229 Scorpion and has a 229 Legion on order. I am very interested in seeing how it compares en vivo. This video does a decent job, but I am a tactile and visual learner. With my own eyeballs that is.

You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

FWIW, I've had two guys buy their own P226's in the last year. I inspected them as part of the approval process and noticed that both had very smooth triggers. If I didn't know the guns were new, I'd think that they had been dry fired thousands of times. I suspect that Sig has refined their MIM process to make smoother parts because we all know they aren't hand polishing these. Oddy, the one P220 ST Elite I inspected did not have the same quality of trigger.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    FWIW, I've had two guys buy their own P226's in the last year. I inspected them as part of the approval process and noticed that both had very smooth triggers. If I didn't know the guns were new, I'd think that they had been dry fired thousands of times. I suspect that Sig has refined their MIM process to make smoother parts because we all know they aren't hand polishing these. Oddy, the one P220 ST Elite I inspected did not have the same quality of trigger.
    I have a friend who bought a LE 226 and 239 SAS last year and the triggers were very good right from the box.

The 229 Legion actually has my attention. I would like it even more if the offered a discounted version without the case, pocket knife, challenge coins, ect. Just pack the gun and three magazines in a cardboard box and I'd be happy.

I will wait to see how this works out with the guns that are actually shipped before I start scraping my pennies together for one though.

I am fixin" to get a Legion 229 -- really like the feature set. Hoping the new sights are like low profile HD sights.

I know someone that is a 229 fanboy that I can send the challenge coin to.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    The 229 Legion actually has my attention. I would like it even more if the offered a discounted version without the case, pocket knife, challenge coins, ect. Just pack the gun and three magazines in a cardboard box and I'd be happy.

I will wait to see how this works out with the guns that are actually shipped before I start scraping my pennies together for one though.
    What's to work out? Not like it's a major design change and it's an already tested and proven design for going on 21 years.
    Last edited by gtmtnbiker98; 10-13-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    What's to work out? Not like it's a major design change and it's an already tested and proven design for going on 21 years.
    True, and maybe I'm just cheap, but I'd wait to see if the quality holds up on the production guns. I'd want to see if they are consistently well made before spending $1200 on one. How are they out of the box? Can they survive 2000 round torture tests and do the MIM parts last? If the quality is consistent then it very well might be a worthwhile expenditure.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Unfortunately Sig has proven that they can replace important internal parts of the P229 with parts that don't work terribly well.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List