Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer Legion Series

I could see the P226 SAO Legion scratching my itch for another 9x19 1911. That itch is like Lay's potato chips: I know the chips are not good for me, but I cannot help myself.

Fifteen rounds of 9x19 in a nice SAO gun means faster reloads plus I really like the location of the SIG controls.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Please go back to extolling the virtues of the Legion 226 and 229 pistols, as I am trying hard to talk myself into one or both. I send Taadski and YVK a text almost daily telling them how sexy the Legion pistols are. I think I am wearing them down.
    Yes you are. You send another text about this boob job of a gun, I'll block your number.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

LARPing.
    Well, I had some suspicions that I probably shouldn't ask the question, but those photos remove all doubt about the gravity of my error. One must wonder where those LARPers (if that is a word) would get the $1100 to buy one of these pistols, but the answer to that question is probably painful too (my guess is that the taxpayers help fund their "lifestyles") so I won't ask it.

However, it does perhaps help explain those people in tactical gear at my local range who spend all there time talking to each other and very little time shooting despite the amazing amount of weapons and gear they bring with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalapa View Post
    I was about to bid on a Wilson Beretta Brigadier. But this new Legion has really sparked my interest. It has a few options I really like. Namely the SRT with Gray Guns trigger. Plus the checkering and nice g10 grips. I'm not looking for a new carry gun. But more like adding to the range gun similar to Todd's old "love of the gun" thread. I still have 4 weeks for Wilson to turn around my 92A1. And I have a dealer buddy that can get the Legion gun for me about $200 cheaper than a WC Brigadier. But man I haven't had a dilemma like this in years. Maybe I'm just like a cat and attracted to the latest and greatest sparkly object. Mmmm,decisions but it's a nice decision to have to make. Like everyone else I think the "legion club" is a bit hokey. But looking at the extras you get over a standard p226 vs p229 I believe it's actually a decent value.
    I got a Brigadier, and the more I shoot it the more I like it. However, my came with an action job from Wilson, and I would highly recommend getting that package. The trigger soars above an ordinary Beretta trigger.

I think that you'll be able to get one of these in the future, while that might not be the case with the Brigadiers.

Jeep,
    Lots of dudes that fall into the LARPer classification, from my experience, are youngish guys with degrees that just have some identity issues. Identity issues often equates to low social life/no significant other. Professional degree + lack of girlfriend= expendable income.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Rainbow finishes were rainbow finishes. Corny that is all you were getting. This time around you have a nice gun with a corny club you can avoid. I have a mk25. Lots of rounds down range, never once had a problem with function. Only the slide release which can be avoided in grip. I just choose not to. Are you guys telling me you would not want a GLOCK/M&P/HK/WALTHER blablabla that you could walk in the gun store and go man I like all the stuff on this from the factory. Now I can buy the gun and go to the range. I am just afraid too many people are instantly discouting what they did with the PISTOL because of there marketing tactics. GLOCKS still tote perfection correct? HK calls there new pistol the peoples pistol. M&P is still not what it was supposed to be yet it is what it is. Just saying everyone has there tactics for sales.
    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the 226--a lot--and this has some interesting features on it (though I'd like someone to answer LSP972's question about whether the beavertail interferes with thumbing the hammer on the draw/reholstering). Still I've not bought other things because of offensive marketing and I could see myself doing the same here.

Frankly, I don't want gun companies, or anyone else, patronizing me and the patronizing tone is evident in some of that ad copy, which basically says, "Hey Cletus. Buy our pistol and you too can pretend to be an operator."

Now compare that to the Brigadier Tactical's marketing. The Brig Tac is another high-end, service-size, DA/SA pistol. The marketing campaign, such as it was, was directed to adults--here are all the features we put in to make this the best 92 Series pistol you can buy. Nothing about "lifestyle" (a word I despise), nothing about how people who buy the Brig Tac are prettier, smarter, make better operators or anything like that, and better still, no associated clothing. (I have to give SIG credit for offering associated holsters, though).

Frankly, I don't much like the thought of sending money to people who think that I'm a total idiot. That being said, if these pistols get enough positive feedback and turn out to have a great trigger, I might buy one (triggers I do care about). However, the marketing makes it less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Jeep,
    Lots of dudes that fall into the LARPer classification, from my experience, are youngish guys with degrees that just have some identity issues. Identity issues often equates to low social life/no significant other. Professional degree + lack of girlfriend= expendable income.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the explanation. I have heard about similar things in Japan, but did not know it was a widespread phenomena here. It's a pity that more of them (the ones who don't weigh 400 pounds that is) don't join the service. It might help the in a whole number of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Jeep,
    Technically, LARPers would include the doctors, lawyers, engineers, and other professionals who belong to, among others, the North South Skirmishing Association and the Brigade of the American Revolution, the various Mountain Man Rendezvous' groups.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I have heard about similar things in Japan, but did not know it was a widespread phenomena here. It's a pity that more of them (the ones who don't weigh 400 pounds that is) don't join the service. It might help the in a whole number of ways.
    It is definitely a thing. Not as bad as in Japan, probably because our society has not been quite so thorough at trying to jam people into boxes and classifications where some people just don't fit well. But it definitely does still happen.

I think you are right about service, at least for some segment of that population. I've known at 2 guys that could have very well wound up in the sort of lost LARPer stage of development that went into the military. One did a couple tours as a tanker and is back and way more well adjusted than he was before going in. The other I lost touch with after he went into one of the selection programs. He had a few years of CS and other engineering classes before he went in, and MOSd into one of the intelligence specialties. Somewhere along the line he got serious about the physical stuff and wanted to do more. I know he's still out there somewhere since I ran into his mom a few months back, and from what she said it sounded like he got into whatever he had the shot at.

I feel like I have a strange amount on insight into some of these guys, because I could have been one very easily. I couldn't serve due to having lasting damage from childhood bone cancer, but fighting that through my teens helped me to forge a very solid sense of my self and what matters to me. But I know, because of my dorkier interests and proclivities, that if I hadn't had that hardship to push my personal growth so hard that I could have been one of these lost generation kind of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Technically, LARPers would include the doctors, lawyers, engineers, and other professionals who belong to, among others, the North South Skirmishing Association and the Brigade of the American Revolution, the various Mountain Man Rendezvous' groups.
    That's a good point, Drang. I was addressing the more derogatory use of the term and should have acknowledged that there are plenty of people that LARP for recreation with absolutely no pretense of it being more than that.

User Tag List