Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer Legion Series

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    And the grip is black. Someone might notice the front of the grip and the beavertail which are grey. I would love a P239 Legion that i would carry concealed of course.
    Probably agency specific. We can carry 1911s and many (most?) aren't all black.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Jeep,

I hope that makes my position more clear. I have shot 1911's with 1# triggers, and I have seen them run and win national titles. Most 1# 1911 triggers are incapable of doing that though, and that doesn't take into consideration any of the many variables that matter off of a range. If you are comparing a 5# Glock trigger to a smooth Sig trigger, the difference is the shooter, not the gun.
    That does make your position more clear, and I agree with it. As for testing 20 guns with 20,000 rounds each, so long as they are production examples and not prototypes, I think that is going to be a fairly good test on reliability (and general "usability"), even though it might not be scientific.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    Probably agency specific. We can carry 1911s and many (most?) aren't all black.
    I need to check my agencies policy.
    I doubt non black guns are prohibited.

Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a Legion 9mm in SAO and if anyone happens to know where I can find one, I'll put a thank you surprise in the mail as a reward! Thanks guys and shoot straight!

Quote Originally Posted by hookalakupua View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for a Legion 9mm in SAO and if anyone happens to know where I can find one, I'll put a thank you surprise in the mail as a reward! Thanks guys and shoot straight!
    If you are still looking Top Gun Supply has them in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I'm waiting on a P227 Legion......that could be the ultimate 10+1 .45acp.

This information is probably buried somewhere in the previous 35 pages, but what is the front sight and rear notch width of the Legion pistols? Thanks.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-07-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    This information is probably buried somewhere in the previous 35 pages, but what is the front sight and rear notch width of the Legion pistols? Thanks.
    The front is .155" wide, the rear notch is .150" wide. According to my pistol with my calipers. The front sight is large and bright enough that it is still fairly easy to track even with the tight rear notch.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    The front is .155" wide, the rear notch is .150" wide. According to my pistol with my calipers. The front sight is large and bright enough that it is still fairly easy to track even with the tight rear notch.
    Thanks for the specs. I usually don't like front sights wider than .125. Hoping to hold one locally to see how I like the sights (along with the rest of the gun).
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-07-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Hopefully this post doesn't get too long, but after reading the whole thread and recently ordering a 226 TDA Legion I thought I'd touch on a few points. First of all, a little bummed I finally ordered one at what I thought was a decent price ($1,000 shipped) only to get the IOP notificaiton from TGS 2 days later.. Oh well.. (TGS has the IOP 226's in stock as of yesterday)

My reasoning behind buying the Legion in the first place is as a backup to my 226 SSE that is my duty gun. I wanted another 226 as a backup should my SSE go down or if it has to be surrendered. My SSE currently has HD sights, g10 Hogue Magrips and has been gone over by Robert Burke (who is awesome BTW). I have close to 1K through it and it has been 100%, 0 malfunctions of any kind with ball ammo (124g AE) or duty rounds (147 HST). With the additions I have close to $1,500 into the SSE.

The Legion gives me almost the exact same setup for $1,100 or 1K if i waited 2 days It has the g10 grips that I like and a somewhat similar sight setup. If the action work is anywhere near what Robert did I will be very happy. If it's not, then I will be sending it his way. I'll be picking the Legion up today and am very curious to see how it compares.

Some comments on things that have come up in the thread; Bruce also makes a non adjustbale PSPIT if the screw is giving some people problems. Honestly, after reading about the screw coming out and shitcanning the pistol I am very tempted to just swap it for a non-adjustable version right out of the gate. That is a no go for its intended use. Secondly, I don't think departments would have an issue with a gray gun. I've seen officers with the FDE and ODG 320 frames and those stand out a lot more. Lastly, I don't think DA weight is as relevant as how smooth the pull is. I would much rather have a 10# trigger that is butter smooth than a 9# pull that is gritty and creepy.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'll update when I have the Legion in hand.
    Last edited by SCSU74; 03-01-2016 at 09:06 AM.

User Tag List