Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer Legion Series

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Thanks. I’d appreciate that. If the new release is going to cause issues with the Mecgars, it’s going to be a problem for us. One I’d like to get ahead of if possible. Any info is very much appreciated.

T
    I'll PM you when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Sig just redesigned the mag release along the lines of the one on the 320..... supposed to be easier to flip, and less chance of damaging the frame. In practice, it seems to take four hands and a special tool to remove!
    Six months ago- Exeter NH

“Ladies and gentlemen, as part of our productivity enhancements this year we’ve begun redesigning the magazine system of our P series guns. By changing to this component ...

-clicks slide

...we’ll realize a $2 million annual cost savings. If we eliminate forward testing of the part , we can realize a $3.5m total cost benefit. Any objections?”
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I'll try posting the pics here, since there have been several requests. I can't vouch for the pic quality, since I'm away from the office and one of the armorer's took them. The metal plate on the non-"button" side is gone in this version, and disassembly requires pressing the release, and sticking a small tool into a detent on the off side, and then wedging the part out (sorry for the crappy description....this is all new). A used Taser probe seems to be the preferred "tool" here. It's giving the armorer's fits trying to get it out.

The problem is hard to pin down, but may be a weak spring. Several of the guns don't like the Mecgar 18 rounders at all, but some are marginal with the OEM 15's. This is a small sample size so far (only 30 guns issued).....so take it for what it's worth. We have calls in to SIG seeking a solution.

According to our rep, this will be the new design going forward.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I emailed Sig about this issue and their answer was just stick with the Factory mags what come with the pistol.

Not the answer I wanted to hear, a 15 round magazine in a full-size pistol is way behind the times.

I have the 229 Legion and really like it and was saving up for a full size 226 Legion but will only buy one if I can use the 18rd Mec Gar mags.

If the problem did manifest, it seems like it’d be resolvable by simply putting the old style mag release in the gun. Cheap fix.

But I can’t imagine they won’t address compatibility with the boatload of 226 mags that are out there, to include the Mecgar 18s and 20s. They’ve become too institutionalized.

If the problem did manifest, it seems like it’d be resolvable by simply putting the old style mag release in the gun. Cheap fix.

But I can’t imagine they won’t address compatibility with the boatload of 226 mags that are out there, to include the Mecgar 18s and 20s. They’ve become too institutionalized.
    From what I was told....the new mag release required a new frame cut. The parts are not backwards compatible. The rep did say some frames would be available for the old style release for a few more months. Take it for what its worth....our rep has had trouble getting accurate info from the engineers at the factory as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    From what I was told....the new mag release required a new frame cut. The parts are not backwards compatible. The rep did say some frames would be available for the old style release for a few more months. Take it for what its worth....our rep has had trouble getting accurate info from the engineers at the factory as well.
    ETA: we were also told by the factory that we couldn't have legacy slides on the Legions because they wouldn't fit. We promptly switched one out when we got the guns and shot several hundred rounds through a Legacy slide on a Legion frame, so.....again, take it for what its worth.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.
    So...an update. Just got the first three RMAd guns back from the factory. Notes said they "replaced worn out magazine catch caused by using aftermarket magazines". These are brand new freaking guns we're talking about. Nothing should be "worn out". I fired off an irritated email to our Sig rep, asking for some clarification. I want to know, does SIG now say you can't use the Mecgar 18 rounders, or you also can't use the OEM 20 rounders? We did notice that the spring in the new releases seems a bit stiffer, and the mags lock in more positively, but it's still softer than the legacy design. My chain of command is now irritated as well. I mean....do they want us to go to Glock or S&W?

I’ve never seen a magazine wear out a mag catch. What are they using for mag catch material? Plastic?

User Tag List