Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: SIG Sauer Legion Series

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I just assumed they stayed vaporware. I remember getting excited about their announcement, but not seeing them in the 2019 catalog tempered that excitement for a 2019 release.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    They’ve been on Sig’s website for at least 3-4 months. I’m sure they used that time to vet hundreds of copies with tens of thousands of rounds each...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    They’ve been on Sig’s website for at least 3-4 months. I’m sure they used that time to vet 100 copies with tens of rounds each...
    FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm tempted to pick up a P226 SSE as a soft-shooting alternative to a 9mm DW Valor Commander. Cheaper, moar BBs, fits my hand better, a whole bunch of other reasons, etc.

But I'm all stocked up on .380 for my P250 to last until I'm ready to shoot normal recoil levels again, so the excuse is pretty hollow.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I finally got to shoot a 226 Legion as a rental gun at our local indoor range.

Was very impressed. The g10 grips, the bright front sight, the checkering on the grip and best of all the trigger.

I think my next purchase is a 226 then a 229 Legion in 9mm.

Anyone carry either on a regular basis?

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I finally got to shoot a 226 Legion as a rental gun at our local indoor range.

Was very impressed. The g10 grips, the bright front sight, the checkering on the grip and best of all the trigger.

I think my next purchase is a 226 then a 229 Legion in 9mm.

Anyone carry either on a regular basis?
    I started out carrying the 229 legion when it first came out but for me it just became too heavy by the end of the day. One of the many reasons I moved to the glock platform. I ended up selling about 10 of my sigs but the last two I have is the 226 tacops and the 229 legion. There both fantastic but just to big/heavy for me to edc. Ymmv.

By the way, where are you located in Texas? I’m in the DFW area so if you ever want to give them a try let me know.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    FWIW.....our SWAT team just converted to 9mm 226 Legions from stock 226s in .40. They're mostly pretty happy with them, except for a few hiccups. Sig just redesigned the mag release along the lines of the one on the 320..... supposed to be easier to flip, and less chance of damaging the frame. In practice, it seems to take four hands and a special tool to remove! The spring is also pretty weak. They also got Mecgar 18 round mags for them.....which will not lock up on that new release. Mags just drop out of the gun. The OEM 15 rounders seem to work for now but the engagement is far from secure. Just data points to consider.

Just emailed you, was looking at a Legion 226 9mm for duty, but if it can only run 15 rd OEM mags, I may not do it, the Mecgar 18 rds mags are a big benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    FWIW.....our SWAT team just converted to 9mm 226 Legions from stock 226s in .40. They're mostly pretty happy with them, except for a few hiccups. Sig just redesigned the mag release along the lines of the one on the 320..... supposed to be easier to flip, and less chance of damaging the frame. In practice, it seems to take four hands and a special tool to remove! The spring is also pretty weak. They also got Mecgar 18 round mags for them.....which will not lock up on that new release. Mags just drop out of the gun. The OEM 15 rounders seem to work for now but the engagement is far from secure. Just data points to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Sig just redesigned the mag release along the lines of the one on the 320.....

As an agency Sig guy, this is the first I've heard of this. Any chance I can get you to snap of photo?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    As an agency Sig guy, this is the first I've heard of this. Any chance I can get you to snap of photo?
    I'm at training this week myself, but I'll see if I can get one of the armorer's to take a picture and send it to me. The problem seems to be some of the springs are too weak. Some of the guns, you can pull the magazines out with two fingers, without pressing the release. This redesign is pretty new, and they notified us three days before the guns shipped.

Thanks. I’d appreciate that. If the new release is going to cause issues with the Mecgars, it’s going to be a problem for us. One I’d like to get ahead of if possible. Any info is very much appreciated.

T

User Tag List