Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nyeti/Tamara...this is all y'alls fault.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Then I would not send it in; its likely to come back with MIM parts- or worse.

Again, as nyeti said, enjoy it. I wasn't trying to be Debbie Downer; I was just weaned that way. Police armorers and helicopter pilots are both generally brooding introverts... because they know that if something bad hasn't happened yet- its about to.

Imagine being both......;-)
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Imagine being both......;-)
    No thanks. I've got a ton of time riding around in the back of Hueys, Chinooks, the occasional Loach, and one memorable excursion in the front seat of a Cobra. Been in two crashes.

My risk-taking days are DONE.

Now that is the voice of an optimist!

No thanks. I've got a ton of time riding around in the back of Hueys, Chinooks, the occasional Loach, and one memorable excursion in the front seat of a Cobra. Been in two crashes.

You left out the parachute accident.
    Last edited by LSP552; 10-08-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    You left out the parachute accident.
    Yeah, well, we were talking helicopters. But come to think of it, that was out of a Chinook… at night. Not the helo crew's fault, though.

Yeah, well, we were talking helicopters. But come to think of it, that was out of a Chinook… at night. Not the helo crew's fault, though.

An accident on a night jump out of a Chinook and you are still hear? You've got to tell us the story.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Not sure. I ll check with Dobbs, he may know. This gun had deeper flame cutting than I have ever seen, and what was weird was how nice the gun was in general.
    "Back in the day, late 80's up through the 90's it was 50rds twice a year, but more practice was always encouraged."

This according to a Detective that's been with DPD almost 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    An accident on a night jump out of a Chinook and you are still hear? You've got to tell us the story.
    PM inbound.

What's the saying about helos? My old man isn't around to set me straight on it.

I think it was: from the moment it rolls off the assembly line those things are trying to kill you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    You have to be correct in that view. After all, who can afford all those magnums? .38 Special is (sadly) expensive enough these days.
    There are, in fact, people who don't care whether ammo costs $5 or $50 a box.

This was back at the turn of the century, and my buddy was a very good programmer.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List