Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Wheel-gun Deals ?

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    When I get really good deals the key is find them at unexpected places. Always look at your shops for that something different with a used tag on it. Something that just seems out of place. Also, you have to always be looking, and prepared to pounce quietly and emotionless when you find a deal. When I find something that looks like a steal I ll have the store clerk pull out a couple other guns with what I really want. I will ask what the clerk thinks of the guns I have selected to see if they know what they have, and to sometimes get some background on how they acquired it. This will often save me from surprises, and I can tell if the store has priced it based on the information they have, or if they really don't know what they have. Also, with some really good deals it is because the gun is perceived to be damaged. I got one recently that was a steal because the action was horrible and the gun didn't feel right and was hard to operate. I recognized the condition and jumped on it. After I got all the tons of gummed up WD40 out of it, it turned out to be a great deal.
    That is what we call poise. Me, I start hyperventilating and clutch my chest.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Deals exist, just have to constantly look. A few years back I ran across a hoard of old Smiths (27's, 57's, 13's, 19's, 15's, & one very nice .38/44 Outdoorsman). Old man said I could have whatever I wanted for $400 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Deals exist, just have to constantly look. A few years back I ran across a hoard of old Smiths (27's, 57's, 13's, 19's, 15's, & one very nice .38/44 Outdoorsman). Old man said I could have whatever I wanted for $400 a pop.
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    And?
    And????????
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    And?
    I got (2) 27's, (1) 13, (2) 57's, (1) 19, (1) 15, & the .38/44.

My man!

Wow. Just . . . Wow.

I'm not sure whether to say "great deal" or "I hate you."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I'm not sure whether to say "great deal" or "I hate you."
    Both, I think.

I was on a pretty big revolver kick there for a while a few years back...not so much anymore. At the moment that same guy has in his safe (1) 586, (2) 29-2's, a 4" 57, a 6" 57 with German import stamps, a snub nickel 15, a pre 25 .45 ACP, an 8 3/8" 17, a 4" 15, and a 4" 66.

User Tag List