Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HiTS Revolver Round-Up Casualty

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

HiTS Revolver Round-Up Casualty

As I mentioned in the course announcement, the only thing I knew about revolvers going into this class was that they were called "revolvers" because the thingy in the middle spun around. So when Darryl was kind inconsiderate enough to loan me his S&W Model 686 SSR, I didn't really know what to think.

"It's pretty, I guess. These grips are cool."

Name:  DB_686_SSR.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  88.9 KB

Then I fired it, and the next day, this happened:

Name:  MY_686_SSR_3.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  81.2 KB

Last one Cabela's had in all of D/FW. I kept telling Darryl he should have loaned me a shittier gun, and he thought I was joking.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Shoulda given him the new one as a thank you gesture. I bet his is all worn in, I mean, "worn out".

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Shoulda given him the new one as a thank you gesture. I bet his is all worn in, I mean, "worn out".
    Saying, "Darryl has enough revolvers" is an understatement.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I m an unabashed enabler. Mine actually has a great dry practice action job, and is really my beater because it's soul leaked out of the lock hole.
    I read the title and was worried, but now my heart leaps with joy.

I also have to admit that after seeing all my double action revolvers laid out in one place, I am even a little disgusted with myself an realizing that I have commited the sin of Glutony.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 10-05-2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    it's soul leaked out of the lock hole.
    I am so stealing this!

Rosco

I m an unabashed enabler. Mine actually has a great dry practice action job, and is really my beater because it's soul leaked out of the lock hole.
    What is a "dry practice action job"? Is it safe to dry fire in its present condition? Now that I have a gun that's not a soulless plastic people popper, I'm going to have to learn to take care of her.

I also have to admit that after seeing all my double action revolvers laid out in one place, I am even a little disgusted with myself an realizing that I have commited the sin of Glutony.
    I tried to count them, and stopped at "a lot." Do you actually know how many you have? There had to have been at least 50 there.

If it would make you feel better not to have so many around all the time, I know a secure, offsite (to you) location that could store a couple later, less desirable longer barrelled 27's.

Just trying to help you feel better about having so many piled up together.
    Last edited by Malamute; 10-05-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Chance, I spend a ton of time with that gun loaded with Azoom dummy rounds doing dry practice drills, and engaging things I find evil on TV. The nice things about the new soulless guns is that if you break it dry practicing, send it back. I found that just practicing smooths a lot of the action. I think it is a positive aspect of the MIM parts.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    If it would make you feel better not to have so many around all the time, I know a secure, offsite (to you) location that could store a couple later, less desirable longer barrelled 27's.

Just trying to help you feel better about having so many piled up together.
    You have always been a giver....

The only cure for that sin is to rid yourself of temptation. I'm sure you will find some kind hearted souls here willing to take all of those revolvers off of your hands. Except of course for the one pictured above, as it's soul leaked out of that hole in the side.

User Tag List