Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rookie questions

Check the results of matches that tell what everybody shot. You'll find a lot of Glocks, M&P's and CZ's. There is a reason why most people don't shoot something else. Also check Gunbroker for used gun prices. The above 3 still sell for a good price used if you decide to sell and switch. Other values doesn't hold up as well.

Are you going to share one pistol or buy 2. I would recommend they both be the same if you get 2.

Lawman's supply in Raleigh often has Police Department trade in guns
    I think there is one in Charlotte now.

JFS, I'm about an hour and a half south of you in Columbia. If you'd like to ride down one Saturday (depending on my work schedule) or Sunday, we can do some shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    I think there is one in Charlotte now.

JFS, I'm about an hour and a half south of you in Columbia. If you'd like to ride down one Saturday (depending on my work schedule) or Sunday, we can do some shooting.
    Thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind. Right now I am trying to find the right gun for my son and I to share. its looking like a SW M&P9. Was also wondering about the Walther PPX if anyone has any experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JFS811 View Post
    Thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind. Right now I am trying to find the right gun for my son and I to share. its looking like a SW M&P9. Was also wondering about the Walther PPX if anyone has any experience with it.
    M&P is fine.
    The PPX is a decent carry gun, but if the primary job of the gun is competition, the PPX is not going to give you the available options that a Glock, M&P, or XD will.

As far as the XD goes, while I'm not a fan, they are increasing in their numbers in event, and I have heard certain aspects of the guns that shooters like. Not going to get me over to them unless they do some significant design changes, but I don't have quite the judgemental eye toward them that I once did.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

M&P is a very good entry spot. They can be found at reasonable prices and have a lot of aftermarket support.

As to XD's, I think the XDm has a lot of value going on for shooting games. There is a lot of hate on the grip safety, but most of the valid points only have teeth if you are talking about defensive use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well looks like we are going with a Glock 17. Seems to be the best overall package for what we want to use it for. Plus there is tons of support out there for these guns so I feel it was the best choice.

Good choice.

Hard to say it's ever a bad choice. And it is an excellent starting point, even if it int your ending point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Keep us up to date on your progress, enjoy the sport.

You should start a journal man! You could track you and your sons progress!

User Tag List