Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Dark Star Gear G43 AIWB Clip Holster

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I discovered by accident that the reason the DSG std 43 clip on works so so well for gym/mma/gi pants/shorts and not with your everyday shorts or jeans is because your belt is too rigid. Ditch the Ranger belt and try a nice (normal) leather belt.
    I think this is the trick for a shorter holster in regular pants. Still trying to find my sweet spot and taking feedback from others.

Gym shorts/sweats seem to work fine with the smaller holster as there is some droop at the belt. With the longer holsters I've sold another to a friend on 40% of my orders thus far.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Gym shorts/sweats seem to work fine with the smaller holster as there is some droop at the belt. With the longer holsters I've sold another to a friend on 40% of my orders thus far.
    Actually I've found that it works best with a semi-rigid pair of no-gi shorts. Elastic is a no-go IMO. So some rigidity, but not too much.

Yeah, I'd like to try the longer one just to see which I like better.

I have also found that a less rigid belt works best for me with jeans and dress pants and I use the long version. I was using a nylon stiff gun belt and couldn't get comfy, went to a regular leather belt and got the comfort I was seeking.

I could use either the long version or short version with draw string shorts or sweatpants.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List