Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm troubles

The PX4 Compact has proven to be a great performing pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Sometimes, you have to tell me things twice. Remember Shelly? Once you told me about her the second time, I had it, and I'll have it forever.
    Tom, can we have an 'awkward' button?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by kcevans View Post
    The PX4 Compact has proven to be a great performing pistol.
    The PX4 is actually my first choice. Other than the safety. It's just so awkward to disengage from a full grip on the pistol. If I was positive that I could get it with some practice then I would go for it. But I don't know how viable it is. It seems most people just change it to G or don't bother putting it on safe in a holster.

I agree that the G model is the way to go with Berettas. The risk of accidentally placing the pistol on safe during an immediate action drill makes the safety unreasonable.

Like others have said, if you like the USPc, why change? Get one in 9mm and be done with it. The chief reason to change to a newer design is if you want/need a light rail or changeable backstraps.

Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    Sounds like the perfect pistol for you is the one you already have....USP Compact.
    Yep.

OP, you seem to have a pretty specific criteria. Get a USP 9 compact. They are not that expensive.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Just curious, what don't you dig about the SIGs?
    Last edited by David S.; 10-04-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    David S.

Why not carry hammer down with the safety off?
    #RESIST

I find the living is easy with CZ 75D compact (PCR aluminum frame).
    Last edited by Urban_Redneck; 10-04-2015 at 09:38 AM. Reason: poor grammer

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Just curious, what don't you dig about the SIGs?
    It's something about my hand shape. My hands are average sized, but maybe more square, but I have to contort my grip really weird to use the controls. But I have also noticed that there is a lot of variablitiy between different sigs. So if you have a model in mind I guess I'm open to checking it out. Though they are generally pretty close to hk prices so I would probably just go that route instead. For everyone saying USP 9mm. USP prices are only about a $100-$200 bucks off of p30 prices around here, and to tell you the truth that is worth the price to upgrade to me.

Why not carry hammer down with the safety off?
    I'm actually considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rains on Parades View Post
    I'm actually considering it.
    You should. It will solve your issue. And you should go with a USPc 9mm. Do you REALLY want to downgrade???

And IMO, the P30 is no "upgrade". All it offers is better sights. As you noted, its trigger reset is much longer than you are accustomed to. I have all of these pistols you mentioned; I carry the HK45C, and while its nice that the P30 and P200 fit in the same holsters as the 45C, if I feel the need to tote a Euro-pellet launcher it will be the USPc 9mm.

Last edited by LSP972; 10-04-2015 at 11:46 AM.

User Tag List