Thread: Has anyone taken: Pat McNamara 2-Day TAPS Class

Has anyone taken: Pat McNamara 2-Day TAPS Class

This class will be coming to a range near me. The class offering describes it as "TAPS delivers a comprehensive, systematic, progressive Train-the-Trainer shooting program focused on fundamental mastery and built for Law Enforcement officers, military personal, and qualified civilians."

I'm not LE, .mil, not a prospective trainer. I'm a private citizen who has taken carbine classes. I would describe myself as a journeyman with carbine, though I don't slow down a class nor have I been "that guy."

Does anyone know what the level of this class is?

By comparison, the hardest carbine course I took so far was Kyle Lamb's VTAC 1.5 3 day course. I got through it, and kept up, but I'm sure I was in the bottom 1/3 of student performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    By comparison, the hardest carbine course I took so far was Kyle Lamb's VTAC 1.5 3 day course. I got through it, and kept up, but I'm sure I was in the bottom 1/3 of student performance.
    I've taken TAPS. You'll probably be fine.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    T
    Does anyone know what the level of this class is?
    As of four years ago, it was a class that anybody who was fundamentally safe and with some basic knowledge of firearms handling could take.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Thanks for the feedback. I signed up. I don't mind having to really "stretch" for a class, but I don't want to completely punch above my weight.

Gonna be a busy 3 month stretch for classes next spring; have 4 locked in.
    Last edited by dgg9; 10-03-2015 at 04:16 AM.

I have taken Pat's TAPS for both Carbine and Pistol. It is a really great class by a great teacher...his "train the trainer" approach is to push you to recognize your own weaknesses and learn to correct them accordingly. It is a bare bones fundamentals aspect of shooting, there isn't any true running and gunning and yelling "Contact!" all weekend. Day one of class it will be the bare bones fundamentals of marksmanship. He will tell you when it goes down that is all that matters.

I think you will be fine and really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to his Sentinel classes as well.

I'd like to for no other reason than to experience how "intense" he instructors.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List