Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Index vs press out

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    See, that is real love, right there . . .
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man trim his buddy's post and repost it.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Excellent post, Gabe, and mirrors my experience. My biggest issue with press out became the eye work, the range of a focus shift and tracking that was required. That said, I am not a dry fire machine like others here and on days where my index doesn't feel right, I return back to a pressouty presentation.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I do the press out. I don't think anyone can really argue that a press out is faster, per se, than an index draw. It certainly can be very fast, but probably not quite as fast as an index. Especially to a large static target.

I have never seen Mr. White's draw in person, but from the 1/5 pictures above, plus what I remember of his video's, I would say he does more of a press out than an index, though he obviously does not agree.

Where the press out really comes into its own is with DA guns. You can shoot any gun any way, but the DA gun shines in a press out.

As far as the muzzle being too high during a press out, I have never had this issue, though I see and teach plenty of people who do. Todd also tends to have a high muzzle, but it is on purpose, and definitely benefits him. It may be that some people's wrists/arms/guns do not allow for as level a press out as others, or it may be a matter of attention, IDK. For those people, an index may be warranted, and both draw strokes may have their place beyond technical desires. One may be more suited to certain body types than the other, though no one I know has even thought of studying the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    PF has no enemies.
    Well, badly cropped pictures with a lot of extra white space are the enemy, apparently....

Seriously, thanks for fixing them.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I do the press out. I don't think anyone can really argue that a press out is faster, per se, than an index draw. It certainly can be very fast, but probably not quite as fast as an index...
    Well it looked pretty damn fast to me this weekend and the timer agreed. Good to see a proper press out in action.

I want a Mr_White stick figure shirt.
    Group buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Group buy?
    pistol forum will be known for the massive amounts of group buys conducted.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 10-02-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Group buy?
    Looks like one of these images is the answer to the long-anticipated, but conspicuosly absent, replacement for the Pistol-Forum logo, in...

(Wait for it)

STICKER form.

Geddit?

PS Awesome thread. Subscribed.

I didn’t know Mr_White was such a proficient user of the Browning BDM.

Attachment 3958

Oh god you guys, those stick figure pictures are terrible. Don't have shirts made out of that crap.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List