Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Index vs press out

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    I need to video my draw and figure out what I have. I think it's a mix between the two. I know it's not a straight up press out as my wrists do not bend enough for me to pick up the sights anything before half way extended. Everybody should post videos of there draw and we can all discuss
    The bend should be happening in your elbows. Your wrists shouldn't have to bend that much.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The bend should be happening in your elbows. Your wrists shouldn't have to bend that much.
    I could be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't upper body position play into this as well? For example, isn't the press out easier to accomplish if you shoot with a tactical turtle-type stance versus more or less standing straight up?

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post
    I could be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't upper body position play into this as well? For example, isn't the press out easier to accomplish if you shoot with a tactical turtle-type stance versus more or less standing straight up?
    Oh yeah, that's a good point.

Weight forward makes it more natural for sure.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Unless I'm just really screwing up I can't do it. They don't move as much as normal people's. I'll post a video tomorrow.

I think the problem with the very bent wrists is not related to getting the gun into the true eye-target line, but in getting the gun truly level early in the horizontal line of presentation. Wrist tension is behind persistent muzzle tilting late into the stroke. When I watched my draw comparison video before reposting it today, I looked closely at how far I was extending the gun when it was actually level with the target. Looked to me like the gun was only level with the target in the last 3-4 inches of extension.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Mr white, could you tell me where you posted your draw video? I looked at your recent posts and in your training journal and could not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Here you go Wannabe

I always learn something on PF. Like, for example, when Mr_White says..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Very excellent
    ..I end up googling the subject to find out if this is even English, https://www.englishforums.com/Englis.../cndg/post.htm

I do agree with the content, though, Talionis is quite fasterer than most peeps around.

What I learned from working the press out for sometime was the goal of being on the FS and driving it into the target. I find that when I "try" to do something it becomes artificial and slow. Over time I have developed my own draw and presentation. If I attempt to do one thing, I screw up somethng else. For example my grip (front to back tension with SH, clamp tension with WH) FS focus, reseting the trigger in recoil, something suffers if I try to do another. For me, I am in the get gun on target, and press without delay camp.
    Taking a break from social media.

I've been thinking of this particular thread for the last few days. Dry firing with a new little twist in my draw stroke. I've always had the muzzle slightly up during the draw until I hit that last few inches and then the rear lifts to match the front sight. I'm really working at more of a flat gun to the target and a slight, very slight elevator lift at the end of the stroke was Ron Avery and Haley spoke about in the video (wherever it went, it was in this thread in the beginning)

I have to make a comment. I've been on various shooting forums for well over 10 years. These types of threads, where people share and talk about the shooting specifics, is why I started to become more active in this forum. I really think that this is a great forum for those that are really interested in advancing their skill set with a pistol. Thanks everyone.

User Tag List