Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 132: iHack

Name:  IMG_20151008_190214473.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  25.8 KB

I took the easy road and did them from low ready. Shame on me. Finished most strings in around 2.25.

1)9
    2)9
    3)8
    4)8
    5)9

Really tried to not use the pin and reset method on this.

starting position: High compressed ready

hits for each of the five runs
    1) 3
    2) 3
    3) 5
    4) 4
    5) 5

aggregate score: 20/45

Damn this was tough, between straight up misses and running out of time, this drill jacked me up and stole my lunch money.

Mike

Starting position: compressed ready, muzzle angled down

G17

Hits in par time:
    = 20/45

Oof.

I can't hit 3/3 in the par time. I can hit 2/3 in the par time without trouble. I ended up pushing fast to try to land 3/3, which is just unrealistic for me right now, and ended up with a lot of 1/3 and 0/3 runs. If I would have just shot it at the pace where I could actually make all three hits, and ignored the par time, I'd have probably done much better and gotten better practice out of the drill.

Name:  2015-10-07 dove iHack.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  57.4 KB
    (red marked shots were there before drill...not that it makes it less terrible)
    Last edited by GRV; 10-13-2015 at 03:00 PM.

HK USP TDA

Starting position - high, compressed ready (pistol pointed below target).

Runs were 4, 4, 4, 3, 4.
    19/45 total

Need to work on getting sights to return to same position, with a higher level of precision, and getting press out to be more precise. Getting 2 decent shots in the 3 sec par time was ok, but 3 was not really possible. On the plus side, there weren't any bad misses and trigger control was ok.

Name:  2015-10-07 Kirin iHack.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  31.8 KB
    Last edited by eyemahm; 10-13-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    I can hit 2/3 in the par time without trouble.
    Apparently I'm full of shit.

4, 2, 5, 4, 4 = 21/45, but eyemahm and I think I jumped the timer on one or two, so it is probably 19/45

It was hard not to rush into trying to get 3/3, and I definitely ended up rushing that way a lot. But, I tried to just shoot for 2/3 in the par and to actually hit the 3rd, at whatever pace I could.
    Ended up with 0/3 3 times, 1/3 5 times, and 2/3 7 times. Hits look better though.

Taped rounds count, we just couldn't see new shots after a while.

Shot this again with the 1911 from the high ready:

5/9
    7/9
    8/9
    7/9
    8/9

I was working through a bit of a flinching/pre-ignition push issue at the beginning of the range session, so I will admit I stopped the drill in the middle, did some cadence and recoil management stuff and then came back to the drill to finish up. Add me to the "dislikes 2" circles" crowd.

I absolutely slaughtered myself on this drill.

It was a soul sucking, pride swallowing siege just to get through it.

I could not hit PAR times to save my life. I started to get pissed with myself so I decided to just go balls to the wall to push speed. This was interesting for me since I never usually do that. So I decided just to let the wheels fall off and blaze these as fast as I could. Two interesting things happened.

1) I realized how much I've come to rely on sight focused shooting. I was shooting at a different range and I was basically shooting out of a dark shed into the daylight. My usually bright orange painted front sight appeared totally black and I couldn't really get a sharp definition on it, the shed was too dark. The tritium wasn't visible, it was a weird ligthting situation, and It gave me lots to discover. I missed being able to pick up the red front sight in my peripheral as I presented the gun to the target, and I felt slow trying to get on the front sight.

2) When I really started to push speed I decided to focus on the target, and I ended up with some interesting results. My times dropped, obviously, but they dropped huge. Accuracy sucked, but interestingly as I got more comfortable with it, groups tightened. Most shots went low, which was probably a result of me looking over the sights. You can see on the target below, on the bottom row all the hits clustered below the circles. Anyway, it was an interesting experiment for me. I think target focussed shooting warrants some more testing, especially with wide open targets at close ranges, and with being able to see my front sight.

I shot it from concealed. Beretta Elite II, appendix holster, Blackhawk mag pouches under a knit shirt.

I didn't really know how to score this with all the misses and over times, so here is the raw data.

1) 4.04 2 miss
    2) 3.96 1 miss
    3) 3.20 clean

1) 3.26 clean
    2) 2.90 1 miss
    3) 2.55 2 miss

1) 2.71 3 miss
    2) 3.01 2 miss
    3) 2.66 3 miss

1) 3.31 all miss
    2) 2.72 2 miss
    3) 2.51 all miss

1) 2.36 2 miss
    2) 2.56 3 miss
    3) 2.19 3 miss

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 10-20-2015 at 08:30 PM.

1) 2
    2) 5
    3) 5
    4) 3
    5) 5

aggregate score: 20/45

This drill is really not getting any easier for me, I am consistently hitting the third shot but it is always over the par time.

Mike

1) 3
    2) 2
    3) 3
    4) 3
    5) 0

aggregate score: 10/45

20/45 last week and 10/45 this week damn

Mike

Fired this drill on two separate occasions at the local indoor range. First time was so bad I did not even record it. This time I used a Glock 19 Gen 4 and an M&P 9 Pro Series Full Size. Both from the ready. I only recorded hits per run for the first series with the Glock 19. They are listed below. Started to have timer difficulties so I put it away. I only counted total hits for the last 2 series with the M&P which were 22/45 and 25/45 not using the timer just shooting in a “careful hurry”. The hits with the Glock on the timer were:
    Run 1- 2/9 with 6 shots under par
    Run 2- 1/9 with 4 shots under par
    Run 3- 4/9 with none under par
    Run 4- 3/9 with 3 under par
    Run 5- 5/9 with 3 under par
    Aggregate score- 15/45

Observations, I can’t shoot for crap, can’t wait to get back on the outdoor range for decent lighting and I am going to have to get a quality MRDS sooner or later.

User Tag List