Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock Striker Life Expectancy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Fred,

That's what I am thinking...I switched to the OEM and did not notice an effect on my trigger.

ZEV has offered me 50% off a replacement...still not sure its worth it if the stock striker works and will last just as long or longer.
    Mike,
    I'd just go with a stock one. I dry fire my training gun (2012 manufacture Glock 17 Gen 4) on an almost daily basis and the original striker is just fine. The gun itself has close to 43,000 rounds thru it.

Site Supporter
    I had an OEM striker/circa 2005/Gen3 G35/ flatten (think Egyptian topped p-mid to Aztec) and start to produce light strikes at about 17K. All rounds fired were 165g or 180G
    Speer with a smattering of 125g .357 sig using a dropin barrel.
    YMMV
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-02-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I had an OEM striker/circa 2005/Gen3 G35/ flatten (think Egyptian topped p-mid to Aztec) and start to produce light strikes at about 17K. All rounds fired were 165g or 180G
    Speer with a smattering of 125g .357 sig using a dropin barrel.
    YMMV
    Not typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    ...ZEV has offered me 50% off a replacement...
    Awesome!

"50% huh? No, thank you, I'll just start a thread on P-F."

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Awesome!

"50% huh? No, thank you, I'll just start a thread on P-F."
    Better than many which is 0%.

Why does ZEV sell an $80 striker and what's it supposed to do that the OEM doesn't?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Why does ZEV sell an $80 striker and what's it supposed to do that the OEM doesn't?
    Much less chance of light strikes when using a 4# firing pin spring in a range pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Not typical.

Ive be seen it pretty often actually
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Why does ZEV sell an $80 striker?
    Because there are chumps who will buy it.

In the immortal words of Dolly Parton… "The only difference between animals and humans is our ability to accessorize!"

I don't see it very often. In fact if we look at parts life in a Glock the striker gives me lesser concerns about maintenance schedules than many other parts in the Glock. I do however monitor the tip of any firing pin on a normal maintenance / user level inspection and teach this to all students. One of my Gen4 G17's which is a very early serial number is pretty much my own personal test mule. Small sample of just one pistol that I abuse, but overall it is my favorite Glock that I own. It has seen ~90K and may hit 100K by the end of the year. So far I have changed the ejector, extractor and RSA @25K to fix some issues problematic to early Gen4's, and around 75K changed striker and trigger springs to play with some combo's but everything was still going at that point. Right now same striker. I did polish internals which included the rear of the striker. Again this is only 1 pistol. I do however have a large number of Glock pistols to track, however they are fairly new in their lifespan.

User Tag List